“Terrible!!!”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Santa Fe, NM
“Terrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2008

I booked this hotel based on the favorable reviews, but when I arrived with my family the room we were shown was outdated and smelled very musty. I booked a "suite", which was billed as two rooms. I asked for a pullout bed since we had five in our party and they didn't have that ready, even though I called the day before I arrived. The location seemed very seedy as well and the whole place reminded me of a run-down motel where drug addicts might stay. I immediately walked out of the room and said to my wife, "we are not staying here!" I paid a one night penalty and left. We went across the street to a Hilton Garden Hotel which was great. Do Not Stay Here with a Family!!!

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2007

The room had a stove, but no pans, odd. They did have paper plates; which was nice but I wouldn’t suggest using them on the stove top. They also had a microwave and two refrigerators. The Jacuzzi was ok; maybe they should separate it from the toilet. The towels were soft, lush and thick. We weren’t there for the dinner, but the breakfast was much better than you normally get. The only problem with the breakfast was the menu said they had biscuits and gravy; however they did not have gravy and the biscuits were cold. Over all, it was a good value.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Patra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

The hotel is nicely located, close to the center of Mountain View. Castro Street is 45 min. walk, but you can take bus 22 that stops outside the hotel and takes you up to Palo Alto. The staff is willing and helpful. The rooms are big and clean. There is also a jacuzzi instead of a shower, which is nice. There isn't much noise from the El Camino. There is free WiFi connection provided by the hotel, but you can also connect to the GoogleWiFi, which covers that area. Plenty of parking space. Many shops nearby. Nice breakfast and dinner included. Overall good value for the money.

• Liked — Big rooms, WiFi
  • Disliked — Nothing in particular
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank megatim
Mountain View
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2007

I booked a week at the Crestview while I was out looking for an apartment and I was very satisfied with the service I received there. I had a very reasonable long-term stay rate of 85$/day, the diner (mon-thu) were quite adequate and there were also some breakfast but I never woke up early enough to take advantage of them...

One thing I liked was that in the room there were mini kitchen, which turned out to be quite useful if you're staying for a few days.

Beside that, free WiFi Internet and the usual were there. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank simonfl42
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2007

I am extremely disappointed in the treatment I
received at your one of your hotels. The Crest view
in Mountain View, CA.

I booked reservations months in advance with the Crest
view in Mountain View, CA. I had stayed there previous
times and had no problems at all. The staff was
excellent, and the food was terrific. This last time
however was not the same. They apparently made some
changes. When I checked in I confirmed my reservation
dates, and when I would be checking out. Then again
on the Friday before we were kicked out of the hotel
my bank card wasn't working, and I was called to the
desk to verify my information and again to verify my
reservation check out date. Three times I verified my
departure date with the front desk, and I was kicked
out prior to my departure date because they
overbooked!! That's crap. They overbooked and were
told that they needed to rent the room to someone who
was going to pay full price not the hospital rate. My
8 year old son had major surgery on his head, we were
from out of state, and had no where to go, and your
hotel kicked us out to rent the room for a higher
price. I have no respect for you or your hotel chain
what so ever. I feel I have been ripped off for even
staying there. I am completely dissatisfied with my
stay at the Crest view. You left me and my children
homeless in California. The manager at the hotel (name removed) doesn't have the Time of day to take care of
such unpleasntries on his own but had (name removed) from the
front desk do this who I might add was not the least
bit understanding in the matter she was in fact quite
smug about it. And why is it that I confirm my check
out date three times with three different people and
its suddenly changed????

Thanks for the 100% satisfaction .. Ya I want a 100%
refund!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Over booked and kicked us out with no where to stay.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank deltaburke98

Travelers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2006

Yes, this place is fine for an inexpensive hotel that's clean and nicely located. I came here based on the number one rating from TA. I agree with most of the positives for this place, but here's what I didn't like:

The hotel is new, and the front of it is where the builders spent their money. Once inside the rooms, the windows were so thin and cheap that the noise coming in from the outside made me think that the windows were open. Actually, they were closed, just let lots of noise in, and I was on the quiet side of the hotel. My number one criteria for a hotel stay is a good night's sleep, and sleeping with lots of exterior noise is not a plus for me.

I needed to stay an extra night, and upon checking in, I asked the clerk to book me for an additional night. He said, "No, we are full up the next night". End of story. No offers to help find an additional room, or anything of that sort. Upon entering the elevator, I discovered ads for about 6-8 hotels all owned by the same group right in this same geographic area. Now why didn't the clerk offer to help me find a room in a sister-hotel nearby? Talk about lousy customer service.

I checked out the next morning after eating their marginal powdered eggs and went down to the Comfort Inn in Mt View, which for slightly less money, had an equally decent room.

I return often to the Mt. View area, and will go to the Los Altos-Palo Alto Holiday Inn right on El Camino near San Antonio Road next time, as that place remains my first choice, unless it's booked, as it was for this trip.

This experience has taught me that the "herd mentality" of thinking that the #1 TA rated places are the best simply doesn't always hold true. The Crestview is not terrible, just over-rated by Trip Advisor reviewers, IMHO.

• Stayed March 2006
15 Thank RiverDays
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2005

This hotel is worthwhile for every penny! The room is nice, clean and big, and the jacuzzi is also great. All staff were friendly and helpful, and I can't forget to mention free hot breaky and dinner :) Fairly big fridge, microwave and stoves are great additions as well.

Only one thing that bothers a little is the noise from cars on the El Camino...Also, we asked for a crib, but the bassinet was broken.

I definitely would go back to this hotel and recommend all of my friends. I wish there are more hotels like this in other states too...

• Stayed December 2005
#1 of 18 in Mountain View
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View
#3 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Crestview Hotel? Share your experiences!