“Will stay again!”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Tucson, Arizona
“Will stay again!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Clean, comfy, quiet and reasonable for the area. We just needed a place to sleep for two nights and we'll be back here on our next trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2011

First) The "Mountain View Hotel" does not actually have a "Mountain View.." "Mountain View" is the name of the town. (This is VERY misleading,) Then the Front Desk had an "odd" attitude the entire time we were there. One Woman Day Clerk was consistently texting and had a hard time putting her cell phone down to talk with us. I didn't care for the room or the view of the parking lot from the beginning of our stay but was told they were "sold out" this is the only room left at 1pm in the Afternoon with an empty parking lot. When we checked in there was no Shower Curtain in the room. We were on our way to a meeting and Desk was in no hurry to replace the shower curtain so it turned into a "stand off".. At the end of the day I was late to my meeting waiting for them to bring a Shower Curtain. Also the maid skipped my room on Sunday. My next trip to this area I will stay some where else.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and report things "missing" from your room right away..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank bustrorl
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here and loved it. Everything was great..bed, bedding, cleanliness, location, staff, etc. The room has a microwave and small fridge, and there is complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. We would stay there again!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Roma
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stopped one night in this hotel (a Hilton reward stay, btw), for we had to attend to a wedding in town.
WE liked the hotel, loved the furniture, appreciated the location, but the staff hasn't been so friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I'd stayed at this hotel some years back and it was fine. I needed an extra 2 nights in the immediate area and the hotel I'd been staying in couldn't accommodate me, but this one was able to take care of me immediately.

Upon arrival, I noticed a strong smell of mold in the entry area. I'm highly sensitive to mold, and this disturbed me. Since I'd already made the reservation, I figured I'd see how the room was. The front desk was friendly and efficient, and got me into my room right away. Fortunately, the room was fresh and clean, no mold smell at all. I was able to work and rest in the room with no problems, but every time I had to pass through the public areas, I was exposed to that pervasive smell.

This is a decent property with free parking and a great location for business in the Mountain View area, the wifi worked great, there are some nice amenities and the rooms themselves are pleasant enough. A look into the mold issue could really change the experience of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Altadena, CA
Reviewed July 31, 2011

First, the location for this Hilton is off of El Camino Real, not the most architecturally interesting area of Mountain View, but that is simply the nature of this city.
Lots of mom and pop places, lots of chains and mini malls. That all being said, this is a solid Hilton. I will self confess to being a road warrior and Hilton Honors member.
I was greeted with a friendly smile, given my bottles of water, coupons for free breakfast and checked in quickly. I found that my room was a king rather than 2 queens (my hubby and daughter were joining me later in week) and the front desk changed it right away.
The room was clean. The bathroom spotless. The bed was what I expect-clean, comfy and omg those pillows...I love Hilton pillows. Sigh....
The room includes a fridge, coffee maker and wifi. I LOVE my wifi. I had difficulty turning on my light. Feeling thoroughly silly, I called the front desk, and the desk was very sweet "Well, I find that 90% of most issues when dealing with a switch can be solved by turning the 'other' way" He was right....problem solved and with humor.

The AC also worked well. Given the summer temperature, I like it nice and chilly when sleeping, it was a guilty pleasure turning the temp down low.

Breakfast was very good: omelet bar, eggs, sausages, potatoes, multiple fruits, yoghurt, granola and decently strong coffee. I found the breakfast staff to be attentive.

Parking is plentiful and free.
But the value of a decent nights sleep? Priceless!

Good experience, and would stay here again!

Room Tip: Please and thank you go a long way!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was my first stay at this property and I was very pleasantly surprised by the experience.

The beds were very comfy with a good selection of pillows, the in-room refrigerators were set at a good temperature which kept items cold but didn't freeze my sodas, and the bathrooms were well maintained with good water temperature and pressure in the showers.

The televisions were recent HD LCD models with a good selection of HD and SD channels.

The rooms were also very quiet - unlike some properties where you can hear and feel the walls shake when people next door let their doors slam, that wasn't an issue here. Note that first floor rooms in the rear literally back to the parking lot with the windows at car level, so if you're a shy person be sure to keep your drapes closed at all times. :-)

There is a small convenience shop next to the front desk that is well stocked with munchies at non-confiscatory prices, and the soda machines are reasonably priced. (If you feel a need for something else, a 24-hour Walgreens is nearby, you're only two blocks from an In-N-Out burger open late and a block further away is a 24-hour Jack-In-The-Box, and you're within the delivery area of multiple pizza places.)

The in-room Internet was a bit slow - better speeds were obtained using the wired connection, but it was still slower than some hotels yet still faster than my smart phone's 3G service. If it bothers you, you can always try Mountain View's free Wi-Fi provided by Google, which seemed spotty at best.

The staff was absolutely wonderful - one night when they ran out of disposable silverware, the front desk person got me a set of real silverware used for the restaurant across the lobby. Better yet, late one night I watched an elderly couple check in, and the front desk agent personally directed them to their room and helped them with their luggage!

This is a great place to stay while in the Bay Area, and perhaps the only downside is that there is no direct entry from southbound El Camino Real to the property; you have to go about 1/2 block down, make a U-turn and turn into the property from the northbound side. Likewise, in the morning, traffic often backs up at the stoplight, making turning from the parking lot onto northbound El Camino Real a bit of an issue, but there's nothing the hotel owners could do about that. That having been said, it's literally a block from CA 85, making access to 101, 237 and 280 as easy as could ever be possible.

All in all, very well maintained and very comfortable and quite reasonably priced and well-located; what more could you ask for?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
No photo provided

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View? Share your experiences!