Very friendly and helpful counter staff.
Coffee pot, microwave and refrigerator–all of which we used.
Hair dryer, shampoo AND conditioner.
Ground floor mountain view units have outside door to the sidewalk and parking and inside door to hallway and access to exercise room, pool, hot tub, office, and restaurant.
Exercise room had a good variety of equipment all clean and in working order.
Free breakfast buffet had food trays filled with fresh cooked items in a timely manner.
Mountain view room has loud train noise about every hour during the night.
Shower temperature wandered a bit but nothing as bad as our previous stay.
However, our son and his wife showered a couple hours later and reported “terrible” temperature variations during their showers. So they would put showers in the "UGLY" section of this review. I guess you need to shower before 6:00 AM.
The hot tub was only a couple degrees warmer (84) than the pool (82) so the “hot” tub was less than body temperature by nearly 15 degrees. Not good. The jets were working and it did make bubbles. On Saturday there was a sign there that said it would be fixed on Monday.
Our room had what looked like a new individual heat pump which did pump plenty of hot or cold air–but it was unable to follow the temperature settings that we made. Our son and his wife were in the next room and they had the same problem. When the train woke me up at 1:38 AM I discovered that the 68 degree setting I had made was actually an 80 degree temperature according to my accurate travel alarm that also has a digital thermometer. The minimum thermostat setting of 61 still made the room too hot if you let it continue to run. When I first woke I turned the thermostat down to its lowest setting and it did go off but soon came back on even though the room temperature was 80 degrees and climbing. Our son opened his door for a while in the middle of the night to get his room down to temperature he wanted (it was in the low forties outside). I changed the setting on our unit to air conditioning for a half hour or so to get the room down to sleeping temperature. Both my son and I turned our units off for the remainder of the night after being awake for quite some time. Not sure if that would work in the dead of winter when it is below zero outside. But he missed nearly an hour of sleep getting the room down to temperature and settling himself back down. I was not so lucky and did not get back to sleep for nearly two hours. The units are an Amana. Forgot to see if I could find a model number.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Tree House is nestled at the gateway to Mt. Shasta, welcoming guests to this spectacular mountain resort area, which is surrounded by natural beauty, plenty of recreational activities and a stunning view of Mt. Shasta. The 14,161 foot face of Mt. Shasta does impress, as will the Shasta Trinity National Forest it is set in. We are located in northern California, one hour north of Redding and one hour south of the Oregon border. It is within an easy drive of San Francisco, Sacramento and Portland for a weekend getaway or vacation in any season. Come visit beautiful Mt. Shasta and book your room with us today.We have two restaurants to serve you, The Tree House Restaurant and Cooper's Bar & Grill, both open 7 days a week, offering Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Tree House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Tree House Hotel Mount Shasta
- Best Western Tree Hotel
- Best Western Mount Shasta
- Mount Shasta Best Western