“Good beer and service, but the food's not good”
Review of Billy Goats Tavern - CLOSED

Billy Goats Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Have to agree with several recent TA reviewers - the beer and atmosphere are nice, but the food is seriously lacking. I'd rate this place "poor" if it weren't for the beer and outside seating.

I ordered a simple grilled chicken salad, which came out with dry, over-cooked chicken (what little there was) and salad greens drenched in dressing. A chicken salad is hard to mess up, but they did. Which is a shame because I really liked the people and the place.

I recommend going elsewhere to eat, and just stop by for a beer on the patio later.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The service was miserable but don't blame the server! Management decided one server was enough. Bad decision. Brandon worked his tail off. Paid $11.50 for nachos with chicken. Nasty! The cheese was gritty, milky, and tasted like it had been warmed several times over several days. The chips were stale. Greasy. The fish taco was merely adequate, not impressive. As for cleanliness, don't expect much. Good beer selection. Ample parking. Outside seating. I would return only for the beer but certainly not the 'food'.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have to say, they have wonderful iced tea. The service was awful, the food not great, and we did not get what we ordered. No one checked in with us to see if things were OK, or to refill drinks.

Garlic fries were ordered, plain ones delivered, even tho the menu stated the garlic fries were the side. Nachos were bland, burgers big, but so so. Fish and chips greasy.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a great little spot to grab a casual dinner. There is plenty of outdoor seating so it's perfect for a summer evening. They had a good selection of beers on tap, a mix of local and out-of-the-area microbrews. I would recommend the Wino Burger but the "Probably The Best Burger In The World" is also really good...generous servings and reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Went here for dinner based on Yelp reviews & recommendation by hotel clerk. It was o.k. But by all means not stellar. I left with heartburn and felt like my burger & onion rings sat in a lump in my stomach. Burger was tough, rings greasy and beer was meh. Wish I looked on TripAdvisor for reviews, may have made a different choice!