“excellant food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Crescent City, California
“excellant food”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

while on my way home thought I would check it out, was pleasantly surprised, good food chicken fried steak and eggs, great service, prices reasonable will stop by again on my way thru

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ron S

Pa
“Never heard of this Diner”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was out for a joy ride and touring the area and stopped for lunch about 1:30. This diner was packed. Big groups sitting at the tables, most table were filled, lots of noise and waitstaff banter back and forth. Deciding to sit at the counter I was greeted right away and a place mat menu placed in front of me. I ordered iced tea, no sugar. Great Tea! Wondered why so crowded and busy. It was the end of the lunch rush. Waitperson was friendly and placed my order. The order was for a Stuffed Bacon and Cheddar Burger. I thought that will kill me! It was GREAT! Awesome burger! Juice was all over me and the fries were killer. I loved my visit and asked about how much snow when it snows. The lady said, we get dumped on.
Bottom line, great food, great service and experience. I will go back.

• Visited October 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great breakfast. Adequate dinner. Pleasant staff.”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Spent several days in Mt Shasta and experienced many of the local dining establishments. Black Bear was one of the least noteworthy. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Clean. Wonderful breakfast. Pancakes were huge and delicious. More than ample servings. Dinner, however, was disappointing. Went on Friday night for their fish fry which was advertised at the front door. Waited 20 minutes to be seated and another 10 minutes to be served only to be told they had no fish. Would have been nice had they removed the advertisement from the door when they no longer had fish. Ordered meatloaf which was served bathed in an interestingly sweet dark brown sauce. Not something I would want again. Vegetables were lackluster in taste. Cold muffin. Barely warm soup but a tasty baked potato. Will return for breakfast but will go elsewhere for dinner. Perhaps it was on 'off' night?

• Visited April 2013
Scarborough, Australia
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Apparently very famous place. Had breakfast and dinner there. Great value for money and very nice people.

Visited March 2013
Sandy, Oregon
“Our New Favorite Stop on the way to Oregon”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I travel from central California to Oregon ofter, and have had a bit of a time finding the perfect spot to stop for a good meal; well we found it in the Black Bear Diner in Mt. Shasta, CA. The Black Bear restaurant chain started here in Shasta and has grown to many locations throughout the West Coast. The staff there treat customers like they have been regulars for many years, very relaxed and friendly. The menu is very large, and they serve breakfast all day. Try their signature sweet cream pancakes... wonderful. They provide large portions for breakfast and lunch/dinner, the food we ordered was hot and tasty. This is a big step up from Denny's and the food is very reasonable... and BTW again, big portions.

• Visited March 2013