“wonderful weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Mount Shasta B&B and Inns
“wonderful weekend”
Reviewed January 29, 2006

This is the most comfortable bed and breakfast I've ever stayed in. David, who owns and runs this home, is a fantastic host. Very gracious and makes everyone feel right at home. It's right down the street from a great local tavern that has a menu that is all good. It seems to be a local favorite as well.
After snowboarding, a sauna, a massage and a great dinner, I was more than ready to climb into the incredibly comfortable tempurpedic bed with the fat fluffy comforters and soft soft sheets. We went to sleep with the fireplace going and woke up to fresh coffee and breakfast coming down the halls. I felt pampered all weekend and at a price that I couldn't feel guilty about. Some of the things that impressed me the most about this place were the small details, like big cotton robes, high-end lotion and products, putting the television off the floor, and having the fire already blazing when we got to our room. Very nice. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed January 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Reviewed January 25, 2006

My husband and I had just sold our home in Oregon and decided to meander south through California in search of sunshine and much needed relation. Little did we know when we made a one night reservation at Shasta Mount Inn that we would be greeted by a very enthusiastic Innkeeper who is a highly skilled massage therapist. Needless to say, our one night stay turned into three!

Not only were my husband and I massaged and cared for, but the Innkeeper David was at our total beck and call in making our stay both relaxing and memorable. The B&B itself is beautifully maintained and there is plenty attention to detail. Furnishings are upscale and the beds were magnificent with Tempur-Pedic mattresses.

If you're travelling through the Mount Shasta area, you will be cheating yourself if you don't stay at this B&B!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Berkeley, California
Reviewed January 18, 2006

From the moment you make your reservation, David the innkeeper is a gracious host. Staying here is like staying with friends. How fantastic, to hang out in robes and slippers, or read by the fire in your own room. Maybe you want to take a candle-light bath in your jacuzzi tub? I was impressed to even find tealights in the bathroom.

David's four-room, Victorian house is beautifully restored. Everything, down to the smallest detail, is done with thoughfulness and with relaxation as the theme. (And yes, the beds are wonderful to sleep in!) Even the cupboards are labelled, so it's easy to make yourself at home. The homemade snacks are great, and (like an old friend) David insisted we take some goodies for the road home. His lovely home and welcoming vibe, make this place an instant winner.

There is lots to do (or not), and David is excellent at suggesting fun things to do or see around this little town. He is there if you need him, but also not intrusive. He does his utmost to make your stay perfect.

Just a couple more points:
--David's massage was one of the best I've ever had, Highly recommended and great value.
--Kailua the Beagle is a brilliant dog, who's friendliness makes you feel at home.
--Breakfast is delicious, and there are lots of healthy options, too. "No one leaves hungry" is David's motto.
--And of course, we will definitely go back.

I whole-heartedly agree with the previous reviews, and add a few pictures.

If you are planning to go to on a road trip from San Francisco or down from Oregon, or are near Mt Shasta, make sure you stay at the Shasta Mountinn--it's perfect!

• Stayed December 2005
5 Thank tfspanier
Reviewed December 26, 2005

What a lovely time and place to spend Christmas 2005!! In a nutshell the Shasta Mount Inn is a remarkable home away from home getaway that will make you feel rejuvenated, relaxed, and recharged. David, the owner and sole manager, runs a beautiful, homely, and charming home. It was the kind of B&B we were seeking- not too big, yet cozy, someplace we could lounge in slippers all day. This is it. Here are the major pluses for us and reasons why we would go back:
Fabulous homemade breakfast every morning, made to order
Piping hot tea and coffee all day long
Tempurapedic beds and pillows in every room covered with luxurious sheets
A fireplace in every room
A complete kitchen to cook in (We saved so much money this way, ate to our needs, and felt truly at home by cooking our own meals)
David, the owner, is also a licensed massage therapist. Say the word and you shall be massaged right there!
Lotions and creams all over the place to hydrate your skin after skiing
An outdoor sauna that is always on! (Perfect after sports)
2 health food stores within 5 minutes walking

I've never written a review before....but I certainly could go on and on. We had such a fantastic time and even made a friend along the way.

You will truly enjoly Mt. Shasta! If you haven't tried snow shoeing go to Butte, which is 15 min. uphill.

• Stayed December 2005
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

My son was perforning in Mount Shasta and my friend and I went to see him. We needed a place for the night.
Mount Shasta is a small town and we were a little nervous about what accomodations we would find. We are both very critical and particular about where we stay.
We decided to stay at the Shasta Mountain Retreat and Spa. Because of a review we read on the internet.
It was the best decision we have made in a long time. We were greeted at our car, by David Knowles, the innkeeper and immediately shown around the beautiful old Victiorian house. The home was beautiful with gorgeous antique furniture and rugs. The home was clean and smelled of fresh mountain air. There were gourmet snacks and drinks awaiting us.
The beds are swiss therapeutic. What a wonderful nights sleep! The sheets are very high quality, and the down comforters feel so good to cuddled around you while your gazing at Mount Shasta right outside your own window. Mount Shasta is right there! It is so big and so close. Incredible views of Mount Shasta can be seen from throughout the house.
The yard and decks have swings and hammocks and comfortable patio furniture to lounge on, while you take in the sights. The yard is beautiful, with trees turning colors, and many other interesting plants. The koi pond is lovely and peaceful to watch, while listening to the trickling of the waterfall.
It did not take us long to settle right in. We made popcorn and within a few minutes we were feeling like we were visiting in the home of a best friend. David was gracious and friendly and saw to all details, There were wonderful, and expensive, salts and creams in the bathrooms. High quality spa robes clean, hanging in the closets. Plush, thick oversized white spa towels, rolled up in baskets just waiting to be used in the beautiful redwood barrel spa on the back deck, or in a hot salt bath in your own room.
Hot steaming coffee brewing in the morning with rolls and gourmet treats awaiting you. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. This place cannot be missed if you are traveling in the area. We are planning on going back in March, and have even played with the idea of having Christmas there.
David makes you feel like family and I know that is a big part of what makes this place so wonderful and, staying there such an unforgettable experience. We can not wait to go back and stay longer this time.

• Stayed October 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oyster Bay, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2005

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the MountInn retreat and spa in Mount Shasta California. This was a forty year anniversary for my in laws and our tenth year married so we decided to tour California to celebrate. We ran late on the day we were to arrive but our wonderful innkeeper was there to greet us despite the late hour. He cheerfully gave us a tour and made us feel completely at home. It was a long drive but this beautiful sanctuary had everything our hearts desired. The beds are Swedish Tempurpedic , the sheets, towels and robes are also the finest quality. There were too many wonderful amenities to list. It was the best nights of sleep any of us had on our twelve day trip staying in five star hotels.

The views are also incredible with the majestic mountain in clear site from our rooms as well as anywhere in the house. The deck upstairs was amazing to star gaze and we saw many shooting stars.

The landscaping creates an absolutely tranquil hideaway with a sauna and wonderful rocking chairs. My in laws actually used the yard one afternoon!!

The details are what made me decide to write a review. Our Inn Keepers were completely attentive to every detail like Joey eye makeup remover pads in the bathrooms and the best bathing products. There were always drinks and gourmet snacks in the kitchen. Our breakfast was delicious and served with joy which was a wonderful way to start the day. All the information we needed was provided with wonderful insight and crystal clarity.

I truly cannot capture how perfect our stay was. I highly recommend getting a massage while you are there. The treatments were awesome all four of us indulged and came out feeling renewed after a long flight and two days of driving. What the mountain had not melted away our therapists took care of with ease. I confess this was the one part of the trip I was not sure about. I did not want to take my in laws to a mountain town to stay in a bed and breakfast. How happy I am to have been completely wrong. Our stay here rivaled and actually topped most of the other five star hotels we stayed at. Lily's for dinner was delicious with excellent service and a nice atmosphere. I will return with my dear friends in the spring. I loved this place it truly had all the comfort of home with the bonus of the incredible mountain.

14 Thank fujimato