“Best Birthday Trip!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Shasta
Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa
Ranked #1 of 8 Mount Shasta B&B and Inns
Vacaville, California
“Best Birthday Trip!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Shasta MountInn Retreat & Spa was a wonderful experience. What an amazing host!! We were celebrating my daughters 17th birthday at Mt. Shasta, David made it memorable. The rooms are beautiful, wonderfully decorated, and cozy. The beds were amazing we had the best night sleep. David kept a well stocked snack area, the kitchen is always open, David also makes a wonderful breakfast in the morning. Although we didn't have time to take advantage of the sauna or Jacuzzi we both got deep tissue massages from David. Best Massage EVER!!! David made this trip the best Birthday gift I could have given my daughter. We are already planning our summer vacation. Thanks David!

Room Tip: The Edson room is the best room in the house, and that's saying something since all the rooms ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MirandaP517

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights. The owner is so great. He makes incredible breakfasts and leaves snacks out for you all day. He is such a great host that he makes your experience over the top. The house is very nice. The beds are comfortable and a lot of the rooms have fire places. The town of Shasta is small but great. It was beautiful in the winter. I want to go back in summer for hiking. It was so relaxing. If you are looking for a place to recharge, this place is perfect.

• Stayed December 2012
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at Shasta MountInn for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. We were staying in the Magic Mountain room which is a bit smaller than the other rooms (and a bit less expensive too). It had great views of Mt Shasta and Black Butte and lots of windows as well. We really enjoyed our stay. The bed was extremely comfortable, the sheets luxurious, and the atmosphere very cozy.

We also loved going in the hot tub after spending the day cross country skiing and hanging out in the relaxation room in the evening. Our host David was extremely helpful, from the first time I called to make the reservation throughout our stay. The breakfast was delicious and he graciously allows guest to use his kitchen if you don't want to eat out.

Overall, we had an excellent stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Magic Mountain has its own bathroom but across the hall.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiburon, California
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Best Service: We arrived an hour early but David said, "No no no, you are just on time." I called David on the phone and apologized for bothering him to ask him for a WIFI password. David assured me that there is nothing that I could do to bother him. He even called me back just to remind me that I can call him any time that I want doe anything at all. There were lots of snacks and David went out and stocked up again after I ate whatever I wanted. The breakfast was the best we has in Shasta.
Value: the only other option to experience luxury, and comfort like at this place is to buy your own home. I'd guess it would cost you a million dollars.
Sleep quality: Wake up to Mt. Shasta Views, and keep warm in the winter with David's great choice of heating systems that do not dry the air. Wonderful beds.
Cleanliness: David keeps your home clean! Very clean.
Location: short walk from Organic food store in downtown Mt. Shasta yet set back away from the noise and close to nature.
Rooms: They are all good. I like upstairs for the added privacy.
Fitness: don't miss the Sauna and hot tub.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LoveShasta0123
Vacaville
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are frequent visitors to Mt. Shasta and thought we had stayed in all the right places there (including sleeping on the mountain) but we now found a new treasure in Mt. Shasta. This was one of the best B&Bs we've ever stayed in. David is such a kind and thoughtful host. After sleeping in the most comfortable beds ever imagined, truly, the best ever for me, we awoke Christmas morning looking out our window to snow falling in the field outside. Our room had a lovely fireplace, wonderful bath, excellent views of the mountain, cozy bathrobes, etc. Every detail for comfort was found. We don't normally perfer B&Bs because we like an option to cook our own meals but there is small kitchen upstairs for guests to use and a larger one was across the hall from our room that we were able to use--such an added bonus . Breakfast was so yummy too! This is a special place and we will be sure to come back!

San Francisco
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Shasta Mountinn Retreat & Spa in early December. It was a superior facility. There are four large, comfortable, homey bedrooms, three with private baths and one with a private bath across the hall. Each has a gas fireplace and cable TV. The owner, David Knowles, makes fine custom breakfasts. A variety of snacks are available for the taking 24/7. Upstairs there is a kitchen in which guests can refrigerate their perishables and cook their own meals. There is also a community entertainment lounge with foot massagers in front of the sofa. Outdoors in the back there is a redwood steam sauna and also a hot tub. The Inn is located just two blocks from "downtown" Mt. Shasta, but is at the end of a cul de sac and so it is quiet. It is convenient to drive up to the mountain, or to the ski parks or to get on I-5. For what it is worth, the other guests we met there were relatively young couples who were very pleasant.

Room Tip: The two upstairs rooms are probably the best.
2 Thank WilliejSanFrancisco
San Rafael, California
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Look no further if you are planning on staying in the area! This is a very cozy and beautiful Bed and Breakfast Inn. The Inn has four beautifully decorated rooms to stay in and the amenities were fabulous - a hot tub, sauna, a room where one can just relax, put your feet in the foot massager, read, play games, watch tv, or just hang out. David has an awesome selection of movies to watch, games galore, and a great selection of books to read. Just show up with your luggage and he will take care of all the other details. He takes care of every detail and is an awesome, wonderful, spiritual person. The food was great and plenty of snacks to munch on. David really opens up his home to everyone and gives you the privacy you want! He lives on the bottom floor. The other two floors are where the bedrooms are. I felt like this was my home while staying there and did not want our vacation to end. The visit was absolutely perfect. We stayed for four nights. All the rooms are gorgeous and whichever one you choose, you will be happy and totally satisfied. Seriously, if you stay anywhere else, you will be losing out on this wonderful experience. Book it now!!!!