All reviewsno petsstay there againother hotelsgreat place to stayking roomsouthern californiafridge and microwavewalking distanceclean roomscomfortable bedone night staycoffee makermotelsofasoapaccommodationsbedding
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I stayed here for the last week in Jul 07. My comments are:
- I signed off on the payment for the week's rent when I came in, and went to the office the day before I left to finalize payment via my debit card. I was informed by the owner that he CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR THE FULL AMOUNT ON MY FIRST NIGHT, and there was nothing he could do. I thought this was illegal, and consider it to be unethical.
- The Amana AC unit, had a sign on it that said, Keep the dial in the comfort zone or the unit will freeze and you will not get any cool air. It could be me, but this sounds a lot like a broken AC unit.
- I came back one day and my door was ajar & unlocked after housekeeping left.
- There was no continental breakfast. I did get a coffee there and the owner then directed me to some local rests. for breakfast.

I had the general sense I was being conned. Anytime I asked questions, the people played dumb and ran to get the owner.

Stayed: July 2007
6  Thank Wiz154
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Last week we secured a guestroom at the Mt. Shasta Inn & Suites in Mt. Shasta, CA.

Being 7 months pregnant and the temperature outside being 90 degrees, I asked the hotel if they had airconditioning. They stated yes and that the hotel is only 2 years old. I then asked if the airconditioning was working properly and once again, they assured me that it was working properly. At 1:50am, the airconditioning stopped and then came back on two more times during the night for approx 10 minutes and then failed. The room temperature reached 75 degrees or more, so I was unable to sleep from 1:50am on.

The next morning I was livid and went to the front desk to complain. The owners told me that the airconditioning units worked fine and refused to discount my room, so I asked the owner to come to my room so that he could feel the temperature
He then came up with a small thermometer and said that the until was fine. I asked him what he thought about the temp of the room and he said it felt fine and argued with me for 5 minutes about the Amana Airconditioning unit being fine. He did nothing to rectifiy the situation.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you prefer sleeping in heat especially preganant.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PlannerSFO
Reviewed June 15, 2007

I'm writing this from the Inn, my fourth visit in the past two years. This time, I'm delighted to find they've installed WiFi.
I visit Mt. Shasta a few times each year for a business conference, and the Mt. Shasta Inn & Suites suits my needs well. The staff has always been gracious, the rooms are quiet (tricky in a town with a train running through it), comfortable, convenient and very clean. The microwave and frig in each room gives me flexibility, the location is great for walking to downtown, and many rooms have a direct view of the mountain.
Many of my peers who come for the same conference also stay here, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bldrtraveler
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Although this is the newest motel in Shasta, it does show signs of wear (our chair had rips and the carpet was worn). The location is convenient and quiet. There is HBO and there is breakfast provided (which we didn't eat because it is Fruit Loops or Cheerios).

The owner, while friendly, is very off-putting. We were telling him about the positive reviews here at TripAdvisor and he went off on every guest he has a problem with--he was very angry about customers that sneak their dogs into the room and customers that didn't answer their cell phone to verify they were still arriving. He went on and on and all we were trying to do was give him a compliment.

Then he wraps it up by saying, *you don't need maid service*. So even though we stayed there two nights, they never came in to clean the wastebaskets or make up the beds or provide towels.

And he was very vague about the room rate which he kept changing. And despite the hotel being virtually empty (only three cars in the parking lot), he put us in a room right next to the only smoking room despite telling him my husband was very allergic to smoke. Odd things like that would prevent us from staying here again

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Barbara45
Reviewed February 14, 2007

I travel between San Francisco and Portland every ten days or so. I usually like to break the trip up into two days traveling.
Mt.Shasta is approx.half way for me on my trip and I have been staying at the Mount Shasta Inn in Mt.Shasta. The rooms are very clean,spacious and pleasantly decorated.
Each time I have arrived at the Inn I have been warmly greeted by the staff; you could not wish for nicer folks.
I travel quite a bit and this is very rare for me to want to write a review of my experinces on the road---these folks have earned the praise.
I stay at the Mt.Shasta Inn every time I make the trip between Portland and San Francisco.
I recommend this hotel without question.
Trevor J. Riches