“Lied about having airconditioning in 90 degree weather”

Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
San Francisco
“Lied about having airconditioning in 90 degree weather”
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Last week we secured a guestroom at the Mt. Shasta Inn & Suites in Mt. Shasta, CA.

Being 7 months pregnant and the temperature outside being 90 degrees, I asked the hotel if they had airconditioning. They stated yes and that the hotel is only 2 years old. I then asked if the airconditioning was working properly and once again, they assured me that it was working properly. At 1:50am, the airconditioning stopped and then came back on two more times during the night for approx 10 minutes and then failed. The room temperature reached 75 degrees or more, so I was unable to sleep from 1:50am on.

The next morning I was livid and went to the front desk to complain. The owners told me that the airconditioning units worked fine and refused to discount my room, so I asked the owner to come to my room so that he could feel the temperature
He then came up with a small thermometer and said that the until was fine. I asked him what he thought about the temp of the room and he said it felt fine and argued with me for 5 minutes about the Amana Airconditioning unit being fine. He did nothing to rectifiy the situation.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you prefer sleeping in heat especially preganant.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — No customer service or care
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PlannerSFO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed June 15, 2007

I'm writing this from the Inn, my fourth visit in the past two years. This time, I'm delighted to find they've installed WiFi.
I visit Mt. Shasta a few times each year for a business conference, and the Mt. Shasta Inn & Suites suits my needs well. The staff has always been gracious, the rooms are quiet (tricky in a town with a train running through it), comfortable, convenient and very clean. The microwave and frig in each room gives me flexibility, the location is great for walking to downtown, and many rooms have a direct view of the mountain.
Many of my peers who come for the same conference also stay here, I highly recommend it.

• Liked — kitchenette facilities, locaton, WiFi
  • Disliked — A little more expensive than some other choices, but new and clean
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank bldrtraveler
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Although this is the newest motel in Shasta, it does show signs of wear (our chair had rips and the carpet was worn). The location is convenient and quiet. There is HBO and there is breakfast provided (which we didn't eat because it is Fruit Loops or Cheerios).

The owner, while friendly, is very off-putting. We were telling him about the positive reviews here at TripAdvisor and he went off on every guest he has a problem with--he was very angry about customers that sneak their dogs into the room and customers that didn't answer their cell phone to verify they were still arriving. He went on and on and all we were trying to do was give him a compliment.

Then he wraps it up by saying, *you don't need maid service*. So even though we stayed there two nights, they never came in to clean the wastebaskets or make up the beds or provide towels.

And he was very vague about the room rate which he kept changing. And despite the hotel being virtually empty (only three cars in the parking lot), he put us in a room right next to the only smoking room despite telling him my husband was very allergic to smoke. Odd things like that would prevent us from staying here again

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The owner
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
8 Thank Barbara45
Port,Oregon
Reviewed February 14, 2007

I travel between San Francisco and Portland every ten days or so. I usually like to break the trip up into two days traveling.
Mt.Shasta is approx.half way for me on my trip and I have been staying at the Mount Shasta Inn in Mt.Shasta. The rooms are very clean,spacious and pleasantly decorated.
Each time I have arrived at the Inn I have been warmly greeted by the staff; you could not wish for nicer folks.
I travel quite a bit and this is very rare for me to want to write a review of my experinces on the road---these folks have earned the praise.
I stay at the Mt.Shasta Inn every time I make the trip between Portland and San Francisco.
I recommend this hotel without question.
Trevor J. Riches
Portland,Oregon

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank OregonTJ
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed February 11, 2007

We stayed here while traveling from Southern California. We arrived late, after 10:00. The room was freezing, the heat was not on and the bedding was not heavy enough to make up for the freezing room. Of course we turned on the heat, but the room did not get warm for a couple hours and then it woke us up because it was too hot.

Management told us that they could not afford to heat the rooms when they are not in use. For the relatively high price, $89 for two queen beds, this was not a good place to stop on a travel lay-over.

The bed were comfortable (except not enough blankets). The room was clean and quiet. The room was a standard hotel room, relatively small with two queens.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank WestLinnTraveler
San Francisco
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I stayed at this hotel in September 2006 for 3 nights, while in town for business. The first two nights were fine, but the last night was horrible. After being out all day in meetings, I get to the hotel at about 9:00 p.m. only to discover that there was no power to any of the outlets on the wall with the TV, the desk, and the minbar. The logical conclusion, of couse, is that a fuse must have blown. When I called down to the front desk, an attendant came up. Despite my telling her that it was the entire wall that was not getting any power, as evidenced by the lamp not turning on, she insisted on seeing if the TV was plugged in. After a few minutes, she said her husband would check it when he returned in 30 minutes or they could transfer me to another room. Since I was planning on leaving the next day, and was already tired, I chose not to move.

About 10 minutes later, however, the light came back. I assumed the problem was resolved. At about midnight, however, the power went off again, so I went to sleep thinking that it would be on by morning. Unfortunately, no such luck.

When I called down the next morning to complain about the power still being down, the attendant started asking me what had I plugged into the wall. When I said it was out when I got back to the room, and nothing was plugged in, his response was basically that sometimes these things happen. I told him that as a frequent business traveler, I have never had the power go out in my room. They were totally clueless!

• Liked — It had a microwave
  • Disliked — Electrical problems, support staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank roaming-gal
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 6, 2006

Newly renovated, very, very, very clean, staff is extremely hospitable. Walking distance to "shopping district"-stores, restaurants & laundromat. Small refrigerator & microwave in room. Stayed with friend for 1 week and enjoyed every minute! Jacuzzi was great at the end of a long day of mountain hiking! We will return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Shasta
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mount Shasta Resort
Mount Shasta Resort
#3 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!