All reviews no pets stay there again other hotels great place to stay king room southern california fridge and microwave walking distance clean rooms comfortable bed one night stay coffee maker motel sofa soap accommodations bedding
Reviewed September 23, 2014

This hotel is very clean, an average minimalist hotel run by two very friendly and welcoming owners. We only stayed one night because we were traveling to Oregon and it was adequate for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: It is a small hotel so I am not sure that there is a big difference in the rooms. My bed was very comfortable and that is very important to me because I sleep like the story of the princess and the pea, I feel everything lump bump and ripple. This bed was comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele L
Reviewed September 15, 2014

We stayed here when it first opened and it is just as pleasing now, a lovely change from standard designed rooms! It is spacious, sparking clean, quiet and very comfortable. Add the nice, helpful owners and you have a great place to stay in Mr. Shasta!!

Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed September 3, 2014

The room was very large and the bed comfortable. The hotel is very well maintained and is one of the newest in the area. We only stayed one night but if traveling through the area again I would definitely choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Char656
Reviewed September 2, 2014

The owners keep this hotel in excellent condition. The best features were:
1.Great value. AAA discount accepted.
2. A sparkling clean bathroom that was cleaned to the same sparkling standard each day we were there.
3. A window that opened so we didn't have to use the air conditioner.
4. Spacious accommodations that included a sitting area with a couch and coffee table.
5. No smoking allowed in any room.
6. Walking distance to two great breakfast cafes: Mt. Shasta Pastry for a full breakfast in one direction and Seven Suns Café for just coffee & a pastry in the other.

Here are some minor upgrades that would influence me raising the rating from 4 stars to 5:
1. Higher wattage CFLs -- the room is a bit dark for my taste.
2. Hairdryer/nightlight in the bathroom.
3. One or two extra pillows in the room and thicker pillows.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We like keeping a window open at night instead of using air conditioning in the summer so were happy to have a second floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank casjf
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night here on our way to Oregon. It was clean and well kept. Older hotel. There was a couch, microwave, and small fridge. The owner was clearly invested in keeping things in order. When I asked about room availability, his first response was "I hope you're not a smoker." I'm not. The bed was uncomfortable, but all in all it was safe, clean, and good for an overnight stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple