Mount Shasta Resort
Best Western Plus Tree House(Mount Shasta)(Great Value!)
$150
Hotels.com
Shasta Inn(Mount Shasta)
$119
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites(Mount Shasta)(Great Value!)
$89
Swiss Holiday Lodge(Mount Shasta)(Great Value!)
$90
Strawberry Valley Inn(Mount Shasta)(Great Value!)
$139
$135
Orbitz.com
Cedar Lodge Motel(Dunsmuir)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelodge Dunsmuir(Dunsmuir)(Great Value!)
$76
Alpine Lodge(Mount Shasta)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom chaletlake viewfull kitchenfiltered viewthe main lodgestayed longerstayed here for one nightshort drivebeds were comfortablespatennisaccommodationsloungeretreatduplexesfireplacehousekeeping
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Chalet 140, spacious and fully equipped with a full kitchen (but no dishwasher except wifey). Clean and comfortable, among the pine trees with a close-in lake view. Reverse cycle a/c and gas fire log, flat screen TV in the living room and old box style in bedroom, free Wi-Fi and ice machine down the row of chalets. Comfortable bed. Quiet, peaceful. Bit of a dust-up at checkout as the price was different and there was someone else's dining charge on my bill, but all was cheerfully corrected. No newspapers available in morning we were told.

Room Tip: Lakeviews are pretty restricted so I'm not sure they are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Mt. Shasta Resort has become one of my favorite getaways! Conveniently situated off the highway, nestled along the shores of Lake Siskiyou, the modern, fully equipped chateaus are charming. I spend most of my time on the deck, overlooking the lake, or near the fireplace on chilly evenings.

In the morning I either run around the forest floor path that surrounds the entire lake, or ride my bike along the country roads - always finishing with a swim - the water is heavenly.

Down the road from the modern cabin "chateaus" there is a golf course, tennis court and restaurant/bar that sits below majestic Mt. Shasta - ponds, flowers are everywhere.

I commute between California and Oregon and look forward to my twice monthly stopover that has become a beautiful, peaceful slice of heaven. The staff are all very helpful, especially Bonnie, who I believe is the front desk manager - she has gone out of her way to assist me with reservations - super accommodating!

Whether you are traveling on your own, with a sweetheart or as a family- you will LOVE this special place- a real gem!

Sarah RN

Room Tip: Request lakeside- spectacular! The cabin/chateaus on the opposite side are also nice; extra price to see the lake is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The chalets here were very nice. Clean, great view, decently stocked kitchen. Check in was difficult and the cabin wasn't ready for an hour and half after we were told we could check in, but once in the cabin the stay was great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a nice little place that me and my wife celebrated our anniversary as well as do a local Triathlon called "Tinman". The rooms were very nice and had all amenities necessary. I liked the fireplace and the lakeside view and so did the wife. The rooms were all very clean and looked like they had been recently repainted (had some overspray on some of the walls), but looked pretty good for the most part. The only gripe that we had was that the Day Spa that is roughly 100ft from the Chalet has moved. We were informed by the Evergreen Day Spa (the day that we were arriving) that they had moved across town. This was an issue since my wife was planning to get a spa treatment while I was at my Triathlon and we only had one car. The original plan was for her to walk the 100ft to the spa while I was away. Once I brought this to the staff's attention they took care of the problem by providing transportation to and from.

Overall, a good experience with a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This resort has cabins in a not very dense woods. Many have views of part of a lake. There is a golf course with views of Mt. Shasta (an over 14,000 foot dormat volcano) . The clubhouse has a restraunt as well as the front desk for the cabins. My wife and I were traveling with my daughter and her two daughters. We rented a two bedroom cabin. It had a bedroom with two twin beds, a bed room with a king size bed and a half bath, a full bath room off the living room, a kitchen and an eating area. In additon there was a deck with a lake view. The cabins are fairly new and well maintained. The sofa in the living room does open into a bed, but my daughter found it too uncortable to sleep on. When I complained about this the next morning, I was told that housekeeping had a way to remedy the problem it you arrived before they went home at 5 and told them that you were goiing to use the sofa bed. The other beds were fine and overall the place was very nice. What we paid was about the same as what we paid for two hotel rooms elsewhere on the trip, but I would not depend on the sofa bed again. Otherwise, we shall go back.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation, they will discuss the types of cabins and views that are available as well as the rates. You neesd to reserve directly with the resort as there are lots of subbtle differences.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family