“Nice winter retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Mount Shasta
Sacramento, California
“Nice winter retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed with an outdoor group here this winter. The location is very accessible to local skiing and of course Mount Shasta itself. We had two of the 2 bedroom chalet's that are connected to each other by an outside porch. The chalet's are very clean and new looking with full kitchen, family room area, flat screen TV and even a gas fireplace. Very reasonably priced if you have a group.

The management is a little quirky, almost like they are just kind of winging it. I never did get an official room quote showing the room price with taxes and service charges. I had to make a few calls and emails to get a custom email showing the cost breakdown. You would think they would have some sort of system in place to do that. The other thing was you had to "check out" a DVD player from the main office for the chalet. We were able to connect it up with little problem, but I could see people having trouble figuring it out.

All in all we had a great time, and I would love to come back.

Room Tip: Although we didn't have the "Lake View" chalets, I didn't see a real bonus for tho...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rjuricich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Redding, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband and I took a last minute trip to your resort last night. I spoke with Kathy, the front desk receptionist, who helped me tremendously. She went above and beyond by helping us get last minute massages on Saturday. She called us back and let us know she was able to reserve those at 11:15 the following day. When we got lost on the way there, I called and the restaurant said they would wait for us and to drive safe (8:30pm). The bartender, Lance was Awesome. He took good care of us. We had the Filet and New York with veggies. Ron's filet was cooked to perfection at medium rare. He said it was so tender he could cut it with a fork.... and he's a tough critic. :) My steak was amazing as well. Our room (710) was beautiful and the spa service was Amazing. The staff was very professional and my masseuse (both worked on Ron and myself) were Excellent. We had a delicious breakfast in the dining room with beautiful views.

I already told all the Realtors I work with at Coldwell Banker, Redding and all of my Facebook people. Thank you for running such a Fabulous staff!
We'll be back soon!
Ron & Julia Rossiter

Room Tip: They have all separate Cabins.. but I would get a room with a jacuzzi in it. We stayed in room 210.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beachgirljuls
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We booked a two bedroom chalet on the lake and a regular Woodside Room. The 2-bedroom is much nicer with two bathrooms, a full kitchen and living room. The lake view was beautiful from the living room. The Woodside room is a traditional motel room. The property is adjacent to a golf course and the views of the mountains are stunning. It's an easy trip to town and you feel like you have your own cabin. The main check-in area has a restaurant which is your typical American fare, nothing special, though the service was good. We have stayed here several times and when there is snow, they plow it right away. Great place to get away if you are in Mt. Shasta.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandradot
Los Angeles, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the resort three times in the last year on our trips to and from California. Each time we've been thrilled with the cabins, the restautarant and the staff. They offer cabins with and without kitchens and although they haven't replaced the old shower doors with the Marriott type shower curtain on the bent rods, the rooms are BIG, remodeled, and the beds are comfortable.

If you sign on to the web site they'll send you emailed "specials" like the "Girls Night In" (Nov 2011) where you get a massage (not only for girls), an entree in the restaurant AND the room ALL for $111. TRY AND BEAT THAT !!

Room Tip: The are all separate cabins ---all are quiet and shadied by pine trees.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank peterdan
Gold River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Both my sister and her husband and my husband and I each had a 1 bedroom lakeside chalet. We were all so impressed with how wonderful it was. Nice furniture, great kitchen, and nice king bed. Fully stocked bathroom too. And the views from the deck were great.

My sister and I both went to the spa facility and had a massage and facial, it was heaven. Great people.

Restuarant: we arrived at lunch and split and club sandwich. It was huge and glad we shared. Went for dinner and that didn't really meet our expectations. Steaks were on the warm side for both husbands, pesto tortillini had way too much pesto sauce and nachos were cold. Dessert also wasn't the greatest. Breakfast was good, omelets, french toast and oatmeal. We also went into town and ate at Lily's VERY GOOD!!!

Room Tip: We had 117 & 118 and will be asking for a lakefront unit on our next stay, but these units were...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sunnyvale CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed for two nights in an updated premium lakeside chalet and loved it. We had plenty of room to roam, a nice big bedroom and a decently equipped kitchen, The best feature was the deck which looked out onto Lake Siskiyou. From our room we were able to step right outside and take walks around the gorgeous lake. The peace and tranquility of the resort was so relaxing. We had a good experience with dinner at the resort's restaurant. Food was delicious and servers were very friendly. I also had a massage at the spa. While the massage was good, the customer service wasn't so good. I tried to change my appointment time the day before and I was told that someone would call me back but no one ever did. As a result, I ended up keeping my original appt time and showed up at my scheduled time. No one came out to greet me and I just sat there waiting in the lobby area. Eventually the manicurist came out of some other room and I asked her if she could please tell my massage therapist that I was waiting. She replied that the therapist was aware that I was there. 45 minutes later, the therapist emerged after finishing with another client. I understand that things happen but it would have been a better experience for me if someone had come out to tell me the status. I did not complain to the therapist because I did not want to ruin my session nor did she apologize for being late.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gadgetSunnyvaleCA
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

If you are in the area, The Mount Shasta Resort, on first impression, seems to be a very exciting place to stay. My experience was not so pleasant – beginning with the check in to discover that my credit card was charged for the full stay in advance, something that a first class hospitability company would immediately tell you upon making reservations. The bugs in the room and the fact that some of the bath facilities were not functioning optimally makes this a no return location for me. I give them only one star and a D- grade from check-in to departure.

Room Tip: Be sure to question them regarding policies before making reservations. They have a legal contract...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
Mt. Shasta Inn and Suites
#3 of 8 in Mount Shasta
4.0 of 5 stars 154 reviews

Been to Mount Shasta Resort? Share your experiences!