“I want to go back!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
Gold River
“I want to go back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Both my sister and her husband and my husband and I each had a 1 bedroom lakeside chalet. We were all so impressed with how wonderful it was. Nice furniture, great kitchen, and nice king bed. Fully stocked bathroom too. And the views from the deck were great.

My sister and I both went to the spa facility and had a massage and facial, it was heaven. Great people.

Restuarant: we arrived at lunch and split and club sandwich. It was huge and glad we shared. Went for dinner and that didn't really meet our expectations. Steaks were on the warm side for both husbands, pesto tortillini had way too much pesto sauce and nachos were cold. Dessert also wasn't the greatest. Breakfast was good, omelets, french toast and oatmeal. We also went into town and ate at Lily's VERY GOOD!!!

Room Tip: We had 117 & 118 and will be asking for a lakefront unit on our next stay, but these units were...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sunnyvale CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed for two nights in an updated premium lakeside chalet and loved it. We had plenty of room to roam, a nice big bedroom and a decently equipped kitchen, The best feature was the deck which looked out onto Lake Siskiyou. From our room we were able to step right outside and take walks around the gorgeous lake. The peace and tranquility of the resort was so relaxing. We had a good experience with dinner at the resort's restaurant. Food was delicious and servers were very friendly. I also had a massage at the spa. While the massage was good, the customer service wasn't so good. I tried to change my appointment time the day before and I was told that someone would call me back but no one ever did. As a result, I ended up keeping my original appt time and showed up at my scheduled time. No one came out to greet me and I just sat there waiting in the lobby area. Eventually the manicurist came out of some other room and I asked her if she could please tell my massage therapist that I was waiting. She replied that the therapist was aware that I was there. 45 minutes later, the therapist emerged after finishing with another client. I understand that things happen but it would have been a better experience for me if someone had come out to tell me the status. I did not complain to the therapist because I did not want to ruin my session nor did she apologize for being late.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gadgetSunnyvaleCA
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

If you are in the area, The Mount Shasta Resort, on first impression, seems to be a very exciting place to stay. My experience was not so pleasant – beginning with the check in to discover that my credit card was charged for the full stay in advance, something that a first class hospitability company would immediately tell you upon making reservations. The bugs in the room and the fact that some of the bath facilities were not functioning optimally makes this a no return location for me. I give them only one star and a D- grade from check-in to departure.

Room Tip: Be sure to question them regarding policies before making reservations. They have a legal contract...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank William C W
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night in October. The lodge is very nice and made up of multiple cabins that offer a nice amount of privacy. The rooms were nice and spacious and modern.

The bed was nice and comfy and the room was clean.

I would recommend it for a couple or family wanting a nice well maintained lodge in a rustic setting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JetSetter16
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The GOOD - Absolutley fabulous - Quiet - king bed - full kitchen - fireplace - flat screen - huge couches - deck - lake view - food was great - better than most 1 bedroom apartments The Bad
wish we could have stayed longer room 139 - great groupon deal

Room Tip: Lake view for best value
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mcjolley
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

We got a very nice and spacious 1 bedroom lakefront condo on Lake Siskiyou. The king bed was very lucious and comfy. Nice leather sofas and a private deck overlooking the lake. We had a full size kitchen so I cooked everynight and enjoyed the lakeview dining. There is also a bike/walking path around the lake. We cycled and it was beautiful. We brought an infalable boat and had a sunset paddle with majestic Mt Shasta in full view. There's also golf, tennis and a restaurant but we didn't use those facilities. The hiking in the area is amazing so that was our focus

Room Tip: Get a lakefront condo
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phneil
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Refused to make the smallest reasonable accommodation for handicapped

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Swiss Holiday Lodge
#5 of 9 in Mount Shasta
McCloud Mercantile Hotel
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area

Been to Mount Shasta Resort? Share your experiences!