“Reasonably priced but dreary.”

Finlandia Motel & Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had Unit One with a kitchen which was fairly well-equipped though the rings on the cooker had suffered from previous occupants' use. There was no air con -just a big fan that made a great noise. The large refrigerator was useful though a little cracked. For complete freshness and comfort some things needed renovating we thought. Only one housekeeping visit in four days. The rest of the motel accommodation looked more modern.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank poetryeuropa

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We checked out this place based on reviews from here and yelp. We got the pine room, one of the deluxe and it was very nice. $110. We came too late to check out the sauna. The check-in staff was very sweet an helpful

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The Finlandia has always been the place for us to stay with our dogs as we visit Mt/ Shasta. The staff and owner are friendly people who have always been helpful and welcoming to guests.

We usually visit Shasta around Thanksgiving but this year 5th in a row) we are planning to stay over Memorial day weekend and do some fishing.

Rooms are perfect size, clean and comfortable

Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Yes the Finlandia has an excellent Sauna and Hot tub however you mention a pool? Don't know what you were smoking or dringing but the Finlandia does not have a pool and never has had one, and second of all you do not need to get the Sauna key a day early it is stated on line and when you check in it is by appointment only so if you just pick a time it is ready and availble. I stay there all the time and thought the rooms in the lower part might be a little old fashion they are nice and the Delux rooms are very nice and updated and i have been to most motels in Mount Shasta and Finlandia is one of the lowest in price besides a few dives i would never think of staying in. And i have never had any problem getting ahold of anyone sence they changed the phone services they used to have.

Room Tip: Room 25 which is a one bedroom apt off by it self very quit and private room 22 view of the Mountian...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Tami D
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed here twice and enjoyed the sauna both times. The rooms had a distinctly hotel smell, which made it unpleasant. I thought it was overpriced. Ok, that's LInda speaking, for myself I have to start down the street, first visit to Shasta. it was midnight and we stopped at the Seven Eleven. I got a burrito and put it in the microwave and it exploded. That was truly dramatic. So by the time we got to Finlandia I thought we were in good hands. One touch I liked at the hotel was matching paintings above the beds. And yes, the sauna was very good though Linda almost passed out. Ok, back to you hon. The staff is cordial once you get ahold of them. The keys to the sauna seem to reside somewhere down the road.
The swimming pool looks like it hasn't been used since 1978. Will we go back? Bill again... I must say that the morning we got back on the road, we asked and got directed to the Black Bear Diner. Wow. Wow. There was this mob of old ladies eating all kinds of stuff. And then when the waiter, who is the owner's son checked on us because he forgot to put in our order, and knelt by Linda, she looked over and saw this guy kneeling there and screamed really loudly! Then she looked back and he was still there and so screamed again. Then I got pissed and asked him to back away from the table. Anyway, he comped us our breakfast which was really nice. Back to you hon. In conclusion, our stay at the Finlandia was traumatic, though it's not your fault. We might be your perfect customers.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for the sauna the night before
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I was looking for a 2 bedroom suite in Mt. Shasta for my family to stay a couple of nights and Finlandia had the best value. We had a wonderful time. The room was large and comfortable and had the feel of a cabin in the woods. It was clean and in a quiet area in the back. The beds and pillows were comfortable. I really appreciated that it had a microwave and a refridgerator as we were able to eat in the room for several meals. We didn't try the Sauna, but I did really enjoy the hot tub. If you are a light sleeper like me, be aware that the heater comes on and off all thru the night. It is not super loud, but it could be annoying to some. Also we could hear the people next door moving around and showering, etc. in the morning before we were ready to get up. Both of these issues were easily solved with the use of ear plugs - I never leave home without them! The only other thing that could be a little better is the towels are small and thin and there was only enough for one each, which if you are using the hot tub in the evening and a shower in the morning it wasn't enough. This was easily solved by asking for extra towels, which they happily provided. Or you could bring some beach towels yourself for use in the sauna. Overall I am very pleased with our stay and that I didn't have to spend alot of money to take my family on a vacation to Mt.Shasta. I definately recommend it and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LJH79
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. The room was comfortable and clean. The shower was not entirely clean. The furniture was old but the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
7 mi away
Dunsmuir Lodge
Dunsmuir Lodge
#4 of 6 in Dunsmuir

Been to Finlandia Motel & Lodge? Share your experiences!