“Beautiful and Fun for Swimming”
Review of Lake Siskiyou

Lake Siskiyou
Sacramento, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Fun for Swimming”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The lake and surrounding area were gorgeous. When we were there, it was not crowded at all. The grounds were clean as were the bathrooms. At only $1 per person to enter the park, it was a good deal for the three of us.
What we did NOT appreciate was the Splash Zone / Boat Rental. For my 6 and 8 year old boys, it was not worth the $14 total for one hour. They were frustrated that they could not get onto the structures. The kids that were having the most fun were teenagers who had the height and strength to get onto the moving floats. I wish the guy at the rental would have warned us how difficult it could be for smaller kids to get on the floats. After 15 minutes of frustration for the boys, I asked the guy if we could put the money we paid to a peddle boat rental instead and pay the difference. Nope, can't do it. I called the park entrance staff and was told that Yvette, the manager, would not allow it either. Bad business, if you ask me. On a good note, the park entrance staff felt badly for us and refunded our $3 entrance fee.

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“The best -most unexpected- vacation in paradise”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I had the most amazing peaceful time during my five days at Lake Siskiyou. I had the great fortune to share a rental house with my brother's family and my family in Shasta Resort. I just expected good "catch up" time with my family, but I found a little bit of paradise that I hadn't known existed. I swam in the not-too-cold lake for hours everyday. I met a personal goal by swimming across the lake (escorted for safety by my brother in his kayak). I have swam in other lakes but this was the warmest, cleanest, and calmest/ unpopulated lakes I've seen (not overwhelming number of motorized vehicles). The views of serene nature are out of this world. Kids found lizards, frogs, butterflies, hummingbirds, chipmunks, deer, and a river otter to take pictures of. Brother taught my kids to fly fish and caught plenty of fish. I tried kayaking for the first time ever and really loved it. In sum, this was a week of respite, exercise, beauty, and quality family time that I had desperately needed; can't wait to re-visit this gem of a location. I really connected with nature.

Redding, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Camping is bad”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We liked the Lake was great fishing so so but views are amazing, Did not like camping resort not kept up lots of broken things

Oakland, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Swim with a view”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Spending time in the Mt. Shasta area is always a wonderful treat.
My favorite time to visit are the summer month with hot days and cool nights.
Road signs along I 5 make it easy to find the lake.
Just before you get to Box Canyon Dam a large parking lot, on the right hand side of the road, makes a good starting point to find a quiet spot on the lake. The surface elevation of Lake Siskiyou is 3185', this is a mountain lake, but the water temperature is very pleasant during the summer month. The views of Mt. Shasta from the lake are awesome and if you get lucky you may spot Big Foot in the trees at dusk.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank M M
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Ok don't tell but the fireworks and recreation beat Lake Tahoe”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great scenic location, with boat rentals ,camping, beaches, hiking paddle boarding, pet friendly. And a fireworks show which rivals Lake Tahoe, without the crowds. Amazing location.

Visited March 2013