“Just okay...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I decided to try this place on our second weekend trip to the area, after eating at the Piemont a couple months prior. I would definitely say I liked the atmosphere better in this restaurant - while it seemed dated, it was quite cozy and comfortable. However, the coziness ended when a large table of about 20+ people was seated down the middle of the already-small dining room. It was loud, and my husband and I gave up on having any kind of conversation at that point.

We had our meal family style. I ordered the Chicken Piccata and he had the Veal. The bread, soup and antipasta plate were very basic. The soup was just warm, and served in a very-dated blue plastic bowl (just like at the Piemont). I would definitely recommend an upgrade on those...not appealing at all. The family style antipasta plate was disappointing - a couple pieces of salami, two slices of beets, basic black olives from a can and some whole pepperoncinis. It really isn't that expensive to throw a good anti-pasta plate together!

My dinner was good, and my husband had no complaints about his. The side pasta was so-so..a very basic penne with tomato sauce. And once again, just barely warm.

We were beyond ready to leave, but our waitress also had the large table of 20+ so she disappeared and we had to call over another waitress (there were only 3 working) for our check. They were very nice though. I probably would only go back if I had exhausted all other options in the town.

2  Thank MrsCarr2009
There are newer reviews for Mike and Tony's

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have been eating at Mike & Tony's for many... many years .... It has always been a treat to dine in this classic Italian resturant that feels like somewhere you would expect Great food, great Service and a Kick Arss libation from the mixologist .... Or just a sip of classic red wine ....

Just made reservations for a table for 10 on friday and looking forward to dinner !!!

1  Thank Allen I
Reviewed January 17, 2013

When we trek to Mt. Shasta we ALWAYS stop at Mike & Tony's for a wonderful meal before we head home to Redding. Whether we are ice skating at the rink, skiing or shopping in the quaint shops and bookstores, that tops off the day and restores us for the drive home. This is a cozy, white-table cloth, mellow glass of wine, great food place. Okay for the entire family or an intimate supper. You will love it. Truly a tradition for dozens of years! Havent been here for a few years but plan on it soon.

1  Thank flwergrl
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to eat here for our anniversary after not coming back for 6 years. We were very excited to have a great meal. Sadly it was not what we expected. The soup was watery...the salad was okay it was only lettuce and croutons and the lettuce was cut in very large pieces so I had to cut mine to smaller bite sized ones. We ordered the Chicken Marsala. Excited to get our main coarse until it came and we saw what it looked like....the chicken seemed to be very very thinly cut, like the frozen chicken breasts you buy in a bag at winco...it was NOT a Marsala sauce, what sauce we did get on our plate was very brown like a gravy, the mushrooms were so saturated in an alcohol flavor it was inedible... it came with vegetables...I literally got 4 pieces. 2 small pieces of broccoli and 2 small cuts of carrots, they could have came from a frozen bag. It was very disappointing as we have eaten here before many years ago and thought it was time to come back...I'm not sure if it was a different cook or owners but obviously the food wasn't tasted before being served. It may seem as if this is a harsh review but it really was horrible. The service was nice and the people were nice but the food was just not of good quality...I couldn't believe it was being served. And since we are locals...it was sad to see it had gone down hill...

2  Thank Anonymous96057
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a nice dinner here after walking around the downtown area. This restaurant was recommended by locals and they were right. We really enjoyed the soup, salad, pizza & wine. It was good food and an atmosphere to take you back in time.

1  Thank SandyX111