“Pretty good pizza”
Review of Wayside Grill - CLOSED

Wayside Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am always in search of the perfect wood-fired pizza so I was excited to see the Wayside had a wood-fired oven. But, unfortunately, the search continues. The pizza was fine but just not spectacular. The service was good and the prices okay. They really need to invest in their seating though as you really sink into the vinyl booth seats!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The restaurant was packed but the wait staff did a great job of keeping up with patrons! The typical American menu...actually quite delicious! Loved the garlic fries! The casual atmosphere was a great way to end our busy day and satisfy our appetites.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Hearty American food, nothing fancy, all good. The place where the locals eat, and well worth it. Good service moves tables, but you don't feel rushed. The rib eye was tender and flavorful, the pulled pork delicious. Salad is bagged and dressing bottled as you might expect. Karaoke guitar player in the Starlight Lounge was a nice addition, and so were the iridescent stars on the ceiling.

1  Thank Maureen F
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am visiting Mt Shasta for work retreat and brought my husband and two teenagers with me. We decided on the Wayside for dinner and we are so glad we did. It's a wonderful casual atmosphere that my kids loved as well. My husband appreciated the local beer variety that they have on tap. The food was truly amazing. My teenagers both had brick oven pizzas which were delicious. I had a perfectly cooked amazing chipotle mushroom burger with fries. Probably the best burger I've ever had and I travel frequently for work, so that says A LOT. My husband had the famous Lobster bisque soup with a salad- again not disappointing. In addition to the phenomal food, the service was outstanding. The place was packed when we got there and they said they would get us in about 20 minutes and suggested we hang out in the backyard (which was beautiful). We were seated within 15 minutes and even apologies from staff for making us wait that long. Our waitress was very friendly and very attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone and we definitely plan on eating there again when we come back to Mt Shasta.

1  Thank chargersox
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great food. Several beer choices on draft. Place is packed at night for a reason. Mixed crowd of families and singles.