“Disappointed with the long wait with little explanation”

Andaman Healthy Thai Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 43 Restaurants in Mount Shasta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andaman Healthy Thai Cuisine is essentially a marriage of centuries-old Eastern and Western influences harmoniously combined into something uniquely Andaman Healthy Thai Cuisine!!!
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of five adults and a baby. We were here over Labor Day weekend. When we got there the place was just starting to get full they sat us down and gave us waters. 10 minutes later we had to ask for menus... Maybe that should have been a clue.
When we finally ordered it took our Oder over am hour to get to our table. They never came by to refill our waters until our food arrived.
The food was good... But not worth the hour wait. When we got our bill they automatically added gratuity even though the menu said it would be added for parties of six or more(apparently babies now count as a order)
Only mid way through our wait did they inform us they were training new servers. I wish we had been told this before we sat down.
My suggestion is for the restaurant waitress's to let patrons know what a lengthy wait time it would be. Maybe they should keep the training to before or after a holiday weekend.
It is too bad, because it might have been a more pleasant meal if we knew what we had in store!

1  Thank YourGirlFriday

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Andaman has some dishes we have not seen elsewhere. We particularly enjoyed the basil duck. We were able to stretch one take-out meal (two main dishes and rice for two people) over two nights because the portions were so generous.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice Thai food and done well. Sloppy service by Shasta hippie girls who could use some focus and communication skills, but they're endearing enough and after all, you're on vacation. We had a very good dinner and decided to visit the following evening, before we had to leave town. The restaurant opens at 5 and closes (stops seating) at 8pm. I was waiting at the door at 4:55, at 5:02 when nobody had unlocked the door I thought "poor management", by 5:15 when the door was still locked (and a line was forming) I said "I'm outta here." Really, you're open for 3 hours and you can't get open on time?

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! They cut all of the veggies to order. Their focus is on the food. They use quality ingredients and easily provide gluten free and vegan dishes. This is not your run of the mill fast food Thai it's an excellent dining experience. I've been here dozens of times in the last year and have never had a bad experience. There is usually a wait for the food but great food takes time. If you're looking for a china buffet or a quick bite this is not the place. But if you want a well prepared thai meal with top shelf ingredients this is the place.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had heard this was a good Thai food restaurant but the food was so displeasing once was enough. Both my companion & I had the same experience.. No flavor. How is that possible with Thai food!? Small portions. Also didn't bring to either of us what we ordered. The new waitress was the only good thing I can say was great! All the rest looked unhappy in their job which made it even more unpleasant to eat there. Prices were average but not worth it. May I suggest the other Thai restaurant in town where you're greeted with a smile. Service there is a tad slow but they aim to please, prices are good & food wonderful. Natalie's in Yreka's is lovely too.

1  Thank SugerBears