Review Highlights
Fantastic day on the river

We had a fantastic day on the river with Jack Trout! Caught several nice trout and had many more... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Dpronsolino
Great Day of Bonefishing

While planning a trip to the Bahamas I wanted to see if I could fit in a day of bonefishing. I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
sewardtotty
Lexington, Kentucky

All reviews his wife the river steelhead fish beef drift boat float trip look forward his knowledge guide service an excellent guide hot lunch salt water knew where half day trip chile and argentina highlight of our trip
Selected filters
Reviewed December 1, 2019

I was set up with Dennis for this trip, once connected Dennis stayed engaged via text before and after the trip. I do reccomend bringing some big tarpon flies with you (better to have and not use vice wanting and not having).

All in all a good trip with great memories.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 21, 2019

A friend and I spent several hours on the Klamath River with Jack Trout and his border collie, Beef, floating down the river while getting nibbles and bites just about every cast and hooking into some 5/6 pound natives. Catch and release. Of course. And sprinkled in with the great fishing Jack provided some fascinating history narratives ranging in a wide variety of subjects. And, to top it all off, Jack put together a wok inspired lunch which included shrimp and steak and veggies. I don't think anyone could ask for a little bit more.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank Jeffrey F
Reviewed November 2, 2019

Jack is incredible, knowledgeable, and entertaining! I caught my lifetime biggest steelhead- a wild one- while fishing with him on the Trinity river. I also landed a massive salmon on the fly on the Klamath. Three times we had it to release, and on the final occasion, Jack literally grabbed it so he could safely release it back to the river, all 40 pounds plus of it! He and his wife have a top notch guide service that will spoil you!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank krism73
Reviewed October 20, 2019

I decided last-minute to try to get in a steelhead fishing trip on the Feather. Fortunately I found and called Jack Trout. Jack was amazing.... he pretty much dropped everything and made the necessary arrangements for me to have Ryan Williams as my guide.

Wow, what a guide and what a day's fishing! Ryan is patient, positive, encouraging, hard-working and extremely knowledgeable. I lost count of the steelhead we caught. I figure it will be hard, hard to beat this fishing experience!

Thanks Jack and Ryan for an incredible time. You guys are the best!

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank GaryDT
Reviewed August 8, 2019

My wife and I were staying at the Baha Mar on Nassau and I was looking for a 1/2 day fly fishing trip. Given that Andros gets most of the attention, I did not have high hopes. Nevertheless, after a quick Google search, I came across Jack Trout's listing and reached out. Within minutes Jack emailed and also followed up with a call to get everything arranged. I was assigned Sidney Walker as my guide and could not have been more pleased. Sidney, apart from being an absolute pleasure to be on the water with, put me on some amazing bonefish, including one beauty that we landed on my 8 wt rod.

I've used numerous outfitters and guides over the years and this was hands down one of my very best experiences. Jack was professional, responsive, and truthful. Sidney was on time, well prepared, and most importantly, had the essential local knowledge! This trip exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to use Jack Trout for booking my next fly fishing excursion.

Date of experience: August 2019