Review Highlights
Best guided fishing trip I’ve ever been on

My buddies and I used Jack Trout to book our bonefish fly fishing trip in the Bahamas. Sidney... read more

Reviewed January 20, 2021
scoval0660
Chicago, Illinois
Fish On!

This was our third annual trip to fish with Jack Trout in the fall. This time was the best fishing... read more

Reviewed October 27, 2020
rhawk204
Bonsall, California

All reviews his wife the river steelhead fish beef drift boat float trip great guide look forward his knowledge guide service hot lunch nassau bahamas knew where feather river chile and argentina an awesome experience
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2019

I decided last-minute to try to get in a steelhead fishing trip on the Feather. Fortunately I found and called Jack Trout. Jack was amazing.... he pretty much dropped everything and made the necessary arrangements for me to have Ryan Williams as my guide.

Wow, what a guide and what a day's fishing! Ryan is patient, positive, encouraging, hard-working and extremely knowledgeable. I lost count of the steelhead we caught. I figure it will be hard, hard to beat this fishing experience!

Thanks Jack and Ryan for an incredible time. You guys are the best!

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank GaryDT
Reviewed August 8, 2019

My wife and I were staying at the Baha Mar on Nassau and I was looking for a 1/2 day fly fishing trip. Given that Andros gets most of the attention, I did not have high hopes. Nevertheless, after a quick Google search, I came across Jack Trout's listing and reached out. Within minutes Jack emailed and also followed up with a call to get everything arranged. I was assigned Sidney Walker as my guide and could not have been more pleased. Sidney, apart from being an absolute pleasure to be on the water with, put me on some amazing bonefish, including one beauty that we landed on my 8 wt rod.

I've used numerous outfitters and guides over the years and this was hands down one of my very best experiences. Jack was professional, responsive, and truthful. Sidney was on time, well prepared, and most importantly, had the essential local knowledge! This trip exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to use Jack Trout for booking my next fly fishing excursion.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Christian P
Reviewed July 26, 2019

The experience was excellent. Jack was fun, knowledgeable and was willing to untangle the various messes I made with the fly rod. Definitely will use Jack's services again.

Reviewed July 23, 2019

Spent a day on the river with Jack on July 11, 2019. Great time was had by all. We were able to fish both private and public access spots along the river. Learned how to fish a new fishery with Jack's assistance. I think that I hooked 12-15 fish and landed half of them. The big one got away, so I will return.

Reviewed July 10, 2019

My 14 year old son and I spent a half day fly fishing with Jack Trout. It was such an awesome experience. I think my son is hooked for life- which was exactly my goal! Jack was great. He was so enthusiastic and made my son feel comfortable and at ease. This difficult- to- crack teenager smiled a lot, and was so inspired. The trip was super easy for me as a mom- all the equipment was provided. All I had to do was show up, put on waders and walk to the river. My son caught 5 wild trout on the Feather River- talk about some bragging rights! He learned so much about the hatch and the river. This generation needs more of this..time outdoors, inspiring role models, connection to nature. I would highly recommend Jack Trout Fly Fishing!

2  Thank crickett75