Review Highlights
Half Day fly-fishing Nassau

Last week I was in Nassau for a business trip, believe it or not, and I only had part of a day... read more

Reviewed yesterday
rickfairbanks
Ogden, Utah
Awesome trip on Lower Sac River

My boyfriend and I booked a trip with Jack Trout this past weekend. It was my first experience fly... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Nina A
via mobile

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish beef steelhead great trip float trip drift boat great guide local guide rainbow trout guided trip cruise ship his knowledge bass
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Capt. Jack Trout arranged for Capt. Sydney "bonefish" Walker to take me and my wife on the flats for a day chasing the elusive Bonefish. We were instantly into fish and through the coaching of Capt. Sydney I was able to sight fish to the incredibly camouflaged target species. The fish were finicky but we finally got one to eat and made the trip to the islands memorable. Capt. Sydney was patient, knowledgeable, energetic, humorous and determined to catch fish.
Working with Capt. Jack as the outfitter was a great experience with open communication and plenty of detail. While fly fishing gear was provided, depending on your preferences, I would consider bringing your own. Additionally, given the finicky nature of the fish I would suggest an array of shrimp patterns, a la Crazy Charlie's in various sizes, although if you are traveling light and looking for a day on the water, you are guaranteed to have an awesome experience!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 11, 2019

We initial planned to have a father/son day fly fishing while in port at Puerto Montt. All of our questions were answered by the staff at Jack Trout - and we were ecstatic about the upcoming adventure. My wife and daughter expressed that their disappointment that they were missing out on all the fun. We contacted Jack Trout again and were able to assemble a non-fishing tour of the region that we could trust for quality. In the end, both tours were superb and remain the highlight of our South American tour. Highly recommended for anglers - as well as their non-fishing family members.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed March 5, 2019

We were on a cruise with stops in two different ports in Patagonia, Chile. Jack arranged guided fly fishing trips for us in Puerto Montt and Punta Arenas. We sent our deposit to him and had everything set for January 2018. Sadly we had to cancel last year with a death in the family. Jack was great about the cancellation at short notice and saved our deposit for us. We rebooked for 2019 and he honored our previous deposit.

Both days were great, and the guides were top notch in each port. One day we fished in a river and the other day was in a lake. The guides picked us up from the port, provide transportation, all the fishing gear as well as lunch. We caught fish both days and the scenery was beautiful!

Jack responded quickly and was each to reach at all times. I highly recommend his services for booking a trip in Chile, you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019

I was traveling with my wife and another couple by cruise ship in South America this February. My friend & I always enjoy fishing, so we booked this fly fishing trip with Jack Trout in Puerto Montt. We are not very experienced, but our guide gave us about an hour of instruction to start the day and then we set off on the river in a float boat. The guide was very patient and good at helping us. The river was beautiful and we caught a few fish. It was a very enjoyable day including a simple lunch prepared by our guide along the shore of the river.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I booked a trip with Jack Trout on a last minute trip to Nassau in December. The booking process was easy and you can tell there is a passion for fly fishing. One of a traveler's biggest fears is what happens when weather comes into play. I am pleased to report that Jack was very reasonable when 5' swells and storms kept me and Sidney off of the fishing grounds. After a couple of emails Jack refunded my deposit less a reasonable fee and left me with the confidence to book with him again. Sidney is a hell of a captain, taking me all the way back to Sandals' dock in high seas on a boat meant for flats. Book with Jack and may you have tight lines.

Date of experience: December 2018