“HIGHLY RECOMMEND”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's foremost one day fly fishing guides. We supply gear and offer great lunches in addition to lessons, float trips, since 1994 Jack Trout Fly Fishing International has been a leader for worldwide one day trips for fly fishing. Beginners to advanced welcomed.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My hubby and I were in the Bahamas for our honeymoon and he wanted to go fly fishing. We did a lot of research and actually found Jack Trout while we were in Alaska, but wasn’t able to book. We called Friday and he was able to schedule us with Sidney Walker on Sunday. We saw fish ALL DAY LONG. Sidney had us on the fish every second. He is a great guide who knows what he’s doing. My husband and I even hooked fish at the same time! We had a blast! We were a little nervous because we’ve heard bonefish are hard to catch, but we didn’t leave disappointed. Sidney was such a great guy and we will definitely book again!!!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"bass"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Jack Trout connected me with Mr Sidney Walker who is an experienced Bonefish guide in Nassau. SIdney was waiting for me promptly at 7am and we had a 25-30 minute ride out to a area of sand beaches and mangroves. I’ve fished for Bonefish before but never caught one. Jack Trout promised me one but still, I was skeptical. Once on the flat, We found fish quickly and I had landed my first one within the first hour. I had several more during the trip, both on flyrod and on bait. We fished from both the boat and by wading into the shallower water that the boat couldn’t get into. While wading, I also received a crash course in Conch hunting, biology, and food prep! That was an added bonus! I would fish with these guys again and I recommend them highly.

Reviewed October 31, 2018

met jack and his dog beef in donnieville ca in the morning bought my fishing license in the famous sierra hardware a step back in time to the old fashion hardware stores. then we proceeded to change into gear he provides and for me coming from the east coast meant not hauling my waders and gear around. we fished the north fork of the yuba river, a canyon river in beautiful fall colors. i caught a native trout in a deep hole with water as clear as i have seen. we then drove to middle fork of the feather river passing the sierra buttes into a different topography flat and open river, another great trout water. this section of the river was privately owned to which jack has access. bbq lunch in graeagle ca was great. i learned a lot from Jack about how to fly fish these rivers and he worked on my line management, high sticking and mending skills, he was engaging in conversations about the area, the history and the towns we traveled through, this was much more than just a fishing trip, this was a memorable event and being that i had recently purchased a home in the area, it was a welcomed one. for a full day of fishing on two rivers the price was great. i would highly recommend jack trout as fly fishing guide for this part of the country. thanks jack.

2  Thank BrentF128
Reviewed October 21, 2018

Fished with Jack and Travis and my nephew and two best friends, a day to remember. Not gonna say what river we were on or when we went (because we want to fish two days about the same time next year). Everyone caught some fish, even though some of us are not so good with fly rods. The quality of the experience is what will bring us back in 2019. We took advantage of the horrible fires to fill in behind some cancellations. Probably the same thing will happen again next year! Jack Trout and Travis Ortiz are both first cabin!

1  Thank hawk204
See more reviews
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We were planning a camping trip in the Mount Shasta area. I called two local guide companies with Jack being one of them. The first guide company called me back first. I told him I just wanted to go out fishing for a couple hours so my 13 year old son could catch a couple fish. The guide said he would have to charge us the half-day rate which was $400. Way outside what I was interested in paying. Later that day, Jack called me back. Jack was more interested in making sure my son got out on the river and caught some fish than he was the price tag. I explained to Jack what my budget was and he was glad to accept it. Jack was patient and very kind to my son. We highly recommend him as a guide and we will see him again.