Review Highlights

via mobile
Nassau Bahamas Bonefishing

Reviewed 6 days ago
Erik C

All reviews his wife chilli the river trout great trip beef caught fish float trip steelhead his knowledge look forward hot lunch great guide memorable trip nice guy sac fished
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My hubby and I were in the Bahamas for our honeymoon and he wanted to go fly fishing. We did a lot of research and actually found Jack Trout while we were in Alaska, but wasn’t able to book. We called Friday and he was able to schedule us with Sidney Walker on Sunday. We saw fish ALL DAY LONG. Sidney had us on the fish every second. He is a great guide who knows what he’s doing. My husband and I even hooked fish at the same time! We had a blast! We were a little nervous because we’ve heard bonefish are hard to catch, but we didn’t leave disappointed. Sidney was such a great guy and we will definitely book again!!!

1  Thank Kristen G
Reviewed 6 days ago

Jack Trout connected me with Mr Sidney Walker who is an experienced Bonefish guide in Nassau. SIdney was waiting for me promptly at 7am and we had a 25-30 minute ride out to a area of sand beaches and mangroves. I’ve fished for Bonefish before but never caught one. Jack Trout promised me one but still, I was skeptical. Once on the flat, We found fish quickly and I had landed my first one within the first hour. I had several more during the trip, both on flyrod and on bait. We fished from both the boat and by wading into the shallower water that the boat couldn’t get into. While wading, I also received a crash course in Conch hunting, biology, and food prep! That was an added bonus! I would fish with these guys again and I recommend them highly.

Reviewed 1 week ago

met jack and his dog beef in donnieville ca in the morning bought my fishing license in the famous sierra hardware a step back in time to the old fashion hardware stores. then we proceeded to change into gear he provides and for me coming from the east coast meant not hauling my waders and gear around. we fished the north fork of the yuba river, a canyon river in beautiful fall colors. i caught a native trout in a deep hole with water as clear as i have seen. we then drove to middle fork of the feather river passing the sierra buttes into a different topography flat and open river, another great trout water. this section of the river was privately owned to which jack has access. bbq lunch in graeagle ca was great. i learned a lot from Jack about how to fly fish these rivers and he worked on my line management, high sticking and mending skills, he was engaging in conversations about the area, the history and the towns we traveled through, this was much more than just a fishing trip, this was a memorable event and being that i had recently purchased a home in the area, it was a welcomed one. for a full day of fishing on two rivers the price was great. i would highly recommend jack trout as fly fishing guide for this part of the country. thanks jack.

2  Thank BrentF128
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fished with Jack and Travis and my nephew and two best friends, a day to remember. Not gonna say what river we were on or when we went (because we want to fish two days about the same time next year). Everyone caught some fish, even though some of us are not so good with fly rods. The quality of the experience is what will bring us back in 2019. We took advantage of the horrible fires to fill in behind some cancellations. Probably the same thing will happen again next year! Jack Trout and Travis Ortiz are both first cabin!

1  Thank hawk204
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We were planning a camping trip in the Mount Shasta area. I called two local guide companies with Jack being one of them. The first guide company called me back first. I told him I just wanted to go out fishing for a couple hours so my 13 year old son could catch a couple fish. The guide said he would have to charge us the half-day rate which was $400. Way outside what I was interested in paying. Later that day, Jack called me back. Jack was more interested in making sure my son got out on the river and caught some fish than he was the price tag. I explained to Jack what my budget was and he was glad to accept it. Jack was patient and very kind to my son. We highly recommend him as a guide and we will see him again.

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Hats off to Jack Trout for setting me up with excellent fishing for native Brown Trout in Transylvania, Romania, through Fly Fishing Romania with top-notch guide and rod builder (Tightloops Fly Rods), George Minculete . Though the focus of the trip with my wife was horse riding through the Carpathian Mountains, I managed to sneak in a day of fishing with George on a gin-clear small stream filled with obliging Brown Trout. A mid-afternoon rain shower provided the opportunity to sample some excellent Goulash, washed down with locally-brewed Ciucas beer on tap, before we hit the stream again for more trout on dry flies. George did a great job and I enjoyed the entire day. If Jack Trout can help put me onto trout in the middle of Transylvania, he can probably assist in finding you fish to catch anywhere on the planet!

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Fished the Truckee River in late August, which isn't prime time but it was the time that worked for our schedule and Jack Trout teamed with an expert for the Truckee to make it a great experience. It is a beautiful river but not an easy wade so be sure to wear boots with cleats and bring a wading staff. Our guide, Chris, was remarkably knowledgable and we learned a few new tricks which will be our new best practices when fishing similar waters. We did a half day guided trip which was a success but it had us longing for a bit more. The greatest part of this trip was being introduced to some new techniques in terms of set up and presentation. If you go, be ready to learn and take some notes for future use.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Wanted an introduction for a family of 4 with 2 teens. Jack was excellent- super hands on, thoughtful, and entertaining. Jack was extremely knowledgeable, efficient, and insightful (not an easy task with 2 teens). Booked 2 full days and our family wished it were longer. Amazing hot lunch prepared on site. Jack Trout has it all dialed in. Will book again. Thank you Jack!

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Jack got me setup with my guide for the day, and Eloy put in the work to get me my fish. I'm a novice flyfisher on the salt, but had caught bonefish previously so I met up with Eloy the day before to gameplan. I told him, I wanted a permit.
The conditions, for my day were really tough. Totally overcast made it very VERY difficult to see fish before we spooked them, but Eloy persisted and he got me on my permit. Caught several other species, including bonefish. Also had several chances at tarpon, one of which was as big as me. Lol. What a great experience, can't wait to return and get my grandslam done on a sunny day.

1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I've fished with Jack a number of times over the years so when I decided to take my 8 year old son out for his first trip, Jack immediately came to mind. And again, the best time was had by all. My boy caught a nice-sized trout and instantly became a life-long fisherman. Again, cannot recommend Jack highly enough.