Review Highlights
Graeagle Fly Fishing

My 14 year old son and I spent a half day fly fishing with Jack Trout. It was such an awesome... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
crickett75
Float Tubing Upper Sac

Spent the day with Jack who’s energy and kind spirit made all the difference. We talked, caught... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Robmanriquez

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish steelhead beef great trip float trip great guide drift boat local guide rainbow trout guided trip cruise ship his knowledge bass
Selected filters
Reviewed April 25, 2018

My dad and I were completely new to fly-fishing and I had never been rafting before and we both had a pretty great day on the river. Despite the day being gusty and the water temperature a bit too cold for easy fishing, Jack and his dog Beef managed to point us at some willing fish. After numerous bites, and nine or ten hook sets, we landed four or five rainbows including a couple of big ones for the river system. Jack is one of a kind--chatty, excited, positive--and it is clear he knows the river's twists,turns, and history very well. He made a nice lunch of chicken, rice, salad, and tea. The equipment was in good shape, the boat handled well and always felt safe, and the river was stunning. Jack's teaching style seemed to be a learn-by-doing style and as we were beginners he focused on giving us the bare necessities to catch fish and to not bog us down with minutiae, which will be ideal for some and a shame for others. I'm sure if I had focused less on fishing and more on asking pointed questions, then he would have been happy to oblige. All in all, I had a great time and gained enough confidence to know that I could successfully continue fly-fishing on my own.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Jack was extremely accommodating with his time and his local knowledge of the area was fantastic. Knew the right ripples to hit to get on to a few powerful trout! Had multiple hits and managed to land 3 of them in a few hours of fishing..... wowee they can fight! Jack helped me iron out a few kinks and get into the Northern Californian fly fishing pretty quickly. It was a great day!

As I am from Australia it was especially helpful because jack also had great knowledge of other areas around the world, especially Chile but also locally around eagle and Tahoe which was where I am headed next. Couldn’t fault his guiding. Fantastic experience and would recommend to anybody thinking of fishing around the Sacramento, hat creek, falls creek area.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Jack and Carola worked very hard to put together a trip to southern Chile for us. They are both very knowledgeable and were able to fit everything we wanted to do within our budget. If you are looking for an authentic experience fishing the rivers and lakes of southern Patagonia then these guys can definitely help!

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Sidney Walker was our guide. He was very knowledgeable and a fun guy to be around. I brought my own rod and reel, he provided the flies and leader. We went to Rose Island off of Nassau which was about a 4 mile boat ride from where he docks his boat. He put me on a lot of bones and eventually I caught my first bonefish, Sidney says I am now a “Bonehead”. Caught a few more bones and also landed a few smaller fish and even hooked a Barracuda. We caught some live conch shells and he used the meat for bait. He let my wife fish with that from the boat on a spin rod and she even landed a few bones. Overall it was a solid experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

I found Jack while looking for fly fishing in the Bahamas. He booked me a full day trip with Sidney Bonefish Walker.

Sidney is a world class guide. He knows that water inside and out, he knows where the fish are, what they’re doing, where they’re going, and he anticipates their moves. He put me on so many fish, we had no shortage of chances all day long. I am a decent caster at short distances, but not so good at long distances or casting in heavy wind. Sidney worked hard to get me upwind of the fish so the wind could help me get my cast to where it needed to be. We stalked fish in the flats, got ahead of them, got the line in position, and waited for them to move into position. Then strip, strike, set, and game on. It is some of the most fun fishing I have ever had. It is not easy to catch bonefish, you have to be patient. But man is it worth it when you finally get one on. Sidney is the master. I think he could get anyone on a fish, no matter your level. I would highly recommend Sidney to anyone. He’s also a nice guy and I enjoyed spending a day on the water with him. I hope to come back to the Bahamas, and if so I would fish with him again in a heartbeat.

I would also say that it is not easy casting long distances in the wind, so if I were you I’d get your double haul working before you head out. It will just eliminate some of the frustration associated with trying to cast in the trade winds.

Also I would advise calling Sidney in advance so you know what kind of shoes to wear, figure out lunch, and how to set up transportation, etc. Jack will hook you up with all the details when you reach out.