Review Highlights
Amazing Chilean Patagonia Trip.

Jack put together an amazing trip to fly fish the Chilean Patagonia. With his local contact Tolin... read more

Reviewed January 10, 2024
JC L
Houston
You want a memory, book Jack Trout.

Mr. Jack Trout is a great guide and awesome person. I booked a one day guided trip on the McCloud... read more

Reviewed October 14, 2023
JESSY E
San Diego, California

All reviews steelhead chilli the river fish puerto varas float trip last minute local guide guided trip my dad rainbow trout his knowledge nassau bahamas great lunch half day trip chile and argentina responded quickly
Selected filters
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Went out with Jack and his dog, Beef, on the Lower Sacramento to do some fly fishing for rainbow trout. I had called around to various guide shops asking about going fishing for steelhead, and everyone I talked to essentially listened to what I had to say and then was ready to take my credit card info. to book a trip. When I called Jack, he told me that the steelhead fishing hadn't been good this year and thought that fishing for rainbow trout on the lower Sacramento would be more successful, and we might even catch a steelhead or two as well.
Jack continued to provide helpful info. about the river, our gear, and my fishing technique throughout the whole float trip down the river. He also patiently re-tied my terminal tackle every time my casting caused a bird's nest; much faster than my own skills would have allowed, and getting me back to fishing quickly. I would highly recommend Jack as a fishing guide, especially for those who are looking for a relaxed guide who is more than happy to share his knowledge.
I should also mention, we had a great day out on the river; I hooked over a dozen massive rainbow trout and even got to hook and land a steelhead as well!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed February 12, 2018

Jack understood that we wanted 4-5 hours of fly fishing for bonefish and was happy to accommodate us. He set us up with Sidney who took us ~10 miles outside Nassau in his boat and had us wade and spot cast toward big schools of bones. Sidney is a pleasure to be around and a great angler. We were on fish the whole time and very successful.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

Spent 5 days in the beautiful Lake Region at the Hotel Cumbres in Puerto Varas. The region is lovely with the lakes, rivers, mountains, and volcano’s. The town is charming with many good restaurant choices. Jack and Carola Trout arranged a private driver to transfer us to and from the airport (Sebastian was wonderful). Then booked us with another private driver to tour the Chiloé area and view the Penguins. Very nice day.
The last 3 days they scheduled guides for us to fly fish with.
Matthias Bayer had us float a private access stretch of the Maullin River. Caught many nice fish on streamers. Very good day. Then we had 2 more fun days with Gustavo Arenas on another stretch of the Maullin River and a day on the beautiful Lago Todos Los Santos.
Thanks for Jack and Carola for helping us have a fun week!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Roam549470
Reviewed January 30, 2018

I bought an Oregon Fly Fishing Gift Certificate for my son's 25th Birthday - I don't know anything about fly fishing but my son does. After I gave him the Jack Trout Fly Fishing Gift Certificate, he was pretty excited to plan his trip. They were extremely flexible, discussing with my son on where and when he want to go. The guide was a "great guy and really knowledgeable". He learned a lot about spey casting on the Sandy River outside of Portland Oregon! Thank you so much!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

As a military member(ask Jack about discounts) Jack personally took me out on the lower sac. We started the day wading and switch over to his killer drift boat in the afternoon. As always Jacks knowledge and love for guiding always makes for a great day out on the water. I plan on taking multiple trips with Jack Trout Fly Fishing while stationed in Northern California

Date of experience: January 2018