Review Highlights
Bonefishing

Jack Trout thanks For Pairing me up with Captain Sydney in Nassau, . Bahamas for a great Day of... read more

Reviewed today
robertc1047
Millwood, New York
via mobile
Nassau Bonefishing was excellent!

Everything about this trip went exactly according to plan. Easy to book with a phone call and my... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
172chipr
Danville, California
via mobile

All reviews his wife chilli the river trout great trip beef caught fish float trip steelhead his knowledge look forward hot lunch great guide memorable trip nice guy sac fished
Reviewed November 19, 2017

Jack handles both the drift boat and the client with deft. Made me feel like an expert fly fisherman, and helped me haul in both salmon and steelhead. His knowledge of the water, biology, and the history of the area was a bonus; it made for some fascinating conversation. If Jack is not a local legend, he should be.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

A group of co-managers booked a November fishing trip with Jack Trout. Jack, plus 4 other guide boats, took a total of 9 of us down the Lower Sacramento River near Redding. I can say without a doubt that everyone had a fantastic time. The guides were awesome and coached when needed and put all of us, irrespective of our skill level, in a great position for successful trout fishing! Jack and his guides made this trip one to remember!

Reviewed November 4, 2017

Fly fished the upper Klamath River for steelhead with Jack Trout and Kayla, his new guide. Kayla made sure I knew all the terms of fly fishing the river and how to cast before we started fishing. Soon we started getting strikes and fish. Then after awhile Jack said we needed to pull over for lunch and what a lunch! He cooked up one inch pork steaks, with veggies and rice. We were almost too full to go back fishing but we did for more strikes and caught more fish. It was best time my son, son in law and I had fishing as a group. The best was when 'old pops', that was my nickname, and guide Kayla out fished them all. I would definitely recommend Jack and his fishing guides for a great fishing outing on the river.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

My brother and I were planning a trip to Chile and have always loved to fly fish so we searched online and found Jack Trouts website about fly fishing in Patagonia! We couldn't pass up the offer. He set us up with his main guide Tolin in Coyhaique who got us out fishing with Pancho! Pancho picked us up at our hostel at 8 in the morning sharp to where he took us out to some amazingly beautiful rivers in the Patagonia wilderness. Pancho had some of the BEST knowledge for fly fishing that I've ever heard (and my brother was a guide in Alaska) he was amazing teacher of Chilean culture, the patagonia land and most of all Rainbow and Brown trout. Our first spot we went to we quickly got into some big Browns to where we fished all morning. Then had a delicious home cooked Chilean meal for lunch with wine and beer. After lunch we moved onto another river where we hammered them! I highly recommended these guys, they know their stuff and are amazing conservationists for the Trout in Patagonia and the sport of fly fishing! And he had some great tips for me on my cast that really help and I can tell he's a great teacher for beginners as well! Pancho was such a great guy to me and my brother I couldn't think of a better day out there. I can't wait to be back to go out with him again!! Patagonia fly fishing at Its finest!!

1  Thank billylandis3
Reviewed October 27, 2017

We float fished the Upper Sacramento twice with Jack for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Not only is Jack Trout the best guide in Northern California, but is a local treasure. Everybody in Mt Shasta City and Dunsmuir knows Jack. His recommendation on restaurants in the area were spot on. We didn't have a bad meal. And Jack is no slouch when it comes to excellent food. The effort he puts into his stream side lunch is amazing. You won't get two slices of bread with some sort of mystery meat! We'd fish with Jack anytime, anywhere! Looking forward to our next trip!! PS-If your traveling from the Bay Area or Sacramento area up I5, stop at Granzella's and check out some of Jack's trophies in the restaurant.