“BEST FLY FISHING GUIDES COYHAIQUE CHILE”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's foremost one day fly fishing guides. We supply gear and offer great lunches in addition to lessons, float trips, since 1994 Jack Trout Fly Fishing International has been a leader for worldwide one day trips for fly fishing. Beginners to advanced welcomed.
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

My brother and I were planning a trip to Chile and have always loved to fly fish so we searched online and found Jack Trouts website about fly fishing in Patagonia! We couldn't pass up the offer. He set us up with his main guide Tolin in Coyhaique who got us out fishing with Pancho! Pancho picked us up at our hostel at 8 in the morning sharp to where he took us out to some amazingly beautiful rivers in the Patagonia wilderness. Pancho had some of the BEST knowledge for fly fishing that I've ever heard (and my brother was a guide in Alaska) he was amazing teacher of Chilean culture, the patagonia land and most of all Rainbow and Brown trout. Our first spot we went to we quickly got into some big Browns to where we fished all morning. Then had a delicious home cooked Chilean meal for lunch with wine and beer. After lunch we moved onto another river where we hammered them! I highly recommended these guys, they know their stuff and are amazing conservationists for the Trout in Patagonia and the sport of fly fishing! And he had some great tips for me on my cast that really help and I can tell he's a great teacher for beginners as well! Pancho was such a great guy to me and my brother I couldn't think of a better day out there. I can't wait to be back to go out with him again!! Patagonia fly fishing at Its finest!!

1  Thank billylandis3
in 5 reviews
"local guide"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2017

We float fished the Upper Sacramento twice with Jack for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Not only is Jack Trout the best guide in Northern California, but is a local treasure. Everybody in Mt Shasta City and Dunsmuir knows Jack. His recommendation on restaurants in the area were spot on. We didn't have a bad meal. And Jack is no slouch when it comes to excellent food. The effort he puts into his stream side lunch is amazing. You won't get two slices of bread with some sort of mystery meat! We'd fish with Jack anytime, anywhere! Looking forward to our next trip!! PS-If your traveling from the Bay Area or Sacramento area up I5, stop at Granzella's and check out some of Jack's trophies in the restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Jack Trout will put you on Klamath steelhead. The float is exceptional
in autumn colors. Constant action
delayed our delightful shore lunch.
Though I live along a fabled Alaska
river, it is the Klamath for steelhead
that rates exceptional in my book.

Reviewed October 26, 2017

Went Steelhead fishing with Jack on the Klamath. We cough and released 4 adults, and lost a lot more no fault of Jacks. Jack is a great guide,who knows the river, where the fish are, and is very helpful, and professional. also a great lunch of BBQ Chicken. We will definitely do it again.