Review Highlights
Graeagle Fly Fishing

My 14 year old son and I spent a half day fly fishing with Jack Trout. It was such an awesome... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
crickett75
Float Tubing Upper Sac

Spent the day with Jack who’s energy and kind spirit made all the difference. We talked, caught... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Robmanriquez

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish steelhead beef great trip float trip great guide drift boat local guide rainbow trout guided trip cruise ship his knowledge bass
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I anticipated just a fly fishing trip on a raft. What I experienced was an extraordinary adventure! As soon as Jack and I launched the raft. I made my first cast and landed my first fish of the day. I expected a day of quiet drifting and plenty of fish. I could not have imagined the thrills and scenery that lay ahead: the class III and IV rapids between pools, the splendor of the forested canyons, the eagle siting. Jack's knowledge of the river, his stories, his wife Carola's gourmet lunches, all added to this amazing adventure.
Gerry H. Dallas, TX

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I just returned from traveling the Oregon coast and Northern California with my husband and twin teenagers. A great trip that included a side trip inland across Grant's Pass to Mount Shasta. Here we met our private guide Dale Langstaff who spent the afternoon dividing his time between the 4 of us as he introduced us to fly fishing. Dale works for Jack Trout Fly Fishing business. It was such a great day. Perfect weather. Dale provided us with everything we needed-poles, flies, waders, and boots. Carola (Jack's sweet wife kept good communication with us as to where to stay/eat/and obtain a license prior to our trip). Dale was very patient as he gave us individualized instruction on technique with casting and the art of landing the fly upriver so as to mimic an actual fly. He was very knowledgeable as to the river, the local fish and the various flies and ties. He further told us about the Mount Shasta area, (since he was raised there) as he cooked us a delicious riverside lunch. It was a lot of fun-something we always wanted to try. We would highly recommend this trip and having Dale as a guide. We hope we can someday go again! Maybe Belize?

colleen

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 9, 2017

For my 59th birthday my lovely wife Susan paid for a rafting/fishing trip on the Upper Sacramento River and for the guide I chose Jack Trout, whom I have been listening to/ following for years. As my only other guided trip was a joyless experience I wanted to make sure this one was fun and Jack did not disappoint. My buddy John (a complete fly-fishing novice) and I(whatever the fly-fishing equivalent of a duffer is) sorely tested Jack's skills with our ineptitude yet he maintained a positive attitude throughout the trip. He put us on a bunch of fish(of course the newbie got more!), one of which would have made Ahab drool. Jack's lovely wife Carola made real food for our lunch, not some stiff, pre-packaged sandwiches. The fish, the float, the food-all of it added up to a real good time. If the two of us couldn't destroy Jack's sense of humor and professionalism, I doubt such a thing is possible. It is clear he earns every penny of the price of a trip, this one in spades! Get on up to the Shasta area and give him a call, you won't regret it! And be forewarned, Jack- we'll be back!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

I called Jack at the last minute to see if he could arrange a trip for me and my son on the Fall River. He and Carola made it happen with a very nice and knowledgable guide called Dale. The Fall River was beautiful, although the fishing was slow.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I decided at the very last moment to go fly fishing for bones and tarpon in Cuba....
We contacted Jack Trout and he hooked us up with the most knowledgeable and fun to fish with guide (Felipe). We had the best time ever!!!!
I would highly recommend Jack and his stuff to my friends!