Review Highlights
Graeagle Fly Fishing

My 14 year old son and I spent a half day fly fishing with Jack Trout. It was such an awesome... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
crickett75
Float Tubing Upper Sac

Spent the day with Jack who’s energy and kind spirit made all the difference. We talked, caught... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Robmanriquez

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish steelhead beef great trip float trip great guide drift boat local guide rainbow trout guided trip cruise ship his knowledge bass
Selected filters
Reviewed July 9, 2017

For my 59th birthday my lovely wife Susan paid for a rafting/fishing trip on the Upper Sacramento River and for the guide I chose Jack Trout, whom I have been listening to/ following for years. As my only other guided trip was a joyless experience I wanted to make sure this one was fun and Jack did not disappoint. My buddy John (a complete fly-fishing novice) and I(whatever the fly-fishing equivalent of a duffer is) sorely tested Jack's skills with our ineptitude yet he maintained a positive attitude throughout the trip. He put us on a bunch of fish(of course the newbie got more!), one of which would have made Ahab drool. Jack's lovely wife Carola made real food for our lunch, not some stiff, pre-packaged sandwiches. The fish, the float, the food-all of it added up to a real good time. If the two of us couldn't destroy Jack's sense of humor and professionalism, I doubt such a thing is possible. It is clear he earns every penny of the price of a trip, this one in spades! Get on up to the Shasta area and give him a call, you won't regret it! And be forewarned, Jack- we'll be back!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

I called Jack at the last minute to see if he could arrange a trip for me and my son on the Fall River. He and Carola made it happen with a very nice and knowledgable guide called Dale. The Fall River was beautiful, although the fishing was slow.

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

My friend and I decided at the very last moment to go fly fishing for bones and tarpon in Cuba....
We contacted Jack Trout and he hooked us up with the most knowledgeable and fun to fish with guide (Felipe). We had the best time ever!!!!
I would highly recommend Jack and his stuff to my friends!

Reviewed July 2, 2017

So do you have interest in rafting class III-IV rapids, beautiful conifer lined shores, hatches of caddis, stone and mayfly, while guided by THE guide on the Upper Sacramento? Then Jack is your guy! I drifted with Jack and a friend and had the rear of the boat. I had an absolute wonderful time fly fishing a river I love this time from a raft. I feel I should also speak to the big water years and access. The raft is THE way to go! Take in consideration that this is a multi-skill set guided trip. Not only did we crash through some amazing white water (skillfully) we both lost count of how many trout we caught! Hell, we just kept calling "fish of the day" while Jack laughed and had a great time with us also! Thanks Jack that was an amazing day!!

Chris

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

This float trip with Jack has become my favorite guided outing in Northern California by far! It's a must do for any adventure seeking fly fisherman. A few key points:

- the river is loaded with fish and sees Little pressure due to the remoteness. It's truly beautiful and a must see even if you don't fish much.
- Jack works very hard to make sure your day is great. He knows the river extremely well and is very knowledgeable when it comes to finding the fish.
- catered lunch on the river too prepared by his wife is fantastic. Grilled chicken, rice, fruit, cookies& salad.

Definitely a great guide service and experience!