“Spots off the Rocks”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's foremost one day fly fishing guides. We supply gear and offer great lunches in addition to lessons, float trips, since 1994 Jack Trout Fly Fishing International has been a leader for worldwide one day trips for fly fishing. Beginners to advanced welcomed.
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

We had a valet fishing my personal favourite guide of Jack's Ryan Williams. Our trip started out on a very chilly late December morning but heated up quickly as he out us on some outstanding spotted bass on 5 weights. He has developed his own highly effective and super sporting tactic for catching these chunky great fighting bass. I highly recommend you give him a try. It is on a beautiful stretch of water on Lake Oroville. We got our limits and took in some outstanding scenery including; waterfowl, eagles and breathtaking waterfalls. A trip every avid fly angler should try once just to master his technique. Good luck and tell him TAter sent you.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"bass"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed December 27, 2016

I contacted Jack to see if he had any information about a single or half-day fishing guide in Cuba. At the time, he was only (for legal reasons) able to accommodate those looking for all-inclusive, multi-day charters. He called me back with some contact information for some locals who could probably help me out, or at least point me in the right direction. He knew he wasn't going to make a buck off me, but he called anyways just out of his enthusiasm for the country and to help someone in need. I'd say this speaks volumes for his character, and I'm very grateful. Thank you, Jack.

Reviewed November 10, 2016 via mobile

I had an awesome time with the two guides from Jack Trout, both of them are very friendly and working really hard, me and my friend had a wonderful time!

Reviewed November 5, 2016

just back from California and another great trip with Jack.have fished with him twice before in Argentina and Chile,but this was my first trip to the USA.Fishing conditions were difficult due to the weather but Jack managed to put us onto the fish-steelhead and rainbows.we fished several different rivers and the scenery was tremendous,Jack really put himself out so that we could experience all that Northern California had to offer.Also fished with one of Jacks guides,Dale Langstaff,what a great guy!
Then it was North into Oregon to fish the Rogue river with a guide that Jack had recommended to us-Steve Walser .We had a great four days of fishing the Rogue all thanks to Jack for setting this up for us.
So there we are ,another great trip with Jack Trout, i cannot recommend him highly enough,if you want just a days fishing or longer then Jack is your man!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

I went on a 2 day fishing trip. The first day was with Jack. The second day we fished with Jacks fellow guide Ryan. What a day we had! We were in fish the minute we got in the boat and all day long. He is a very knowledgeable guide. He knows where to go and what to use. He is a very nice guy with lots of patience and that's what it takes to be a fishing guide. I strongly suggest asking for Ryan as you won't regret it. Probably one of the best fishing guides I've ever met! I look forward to using him again in the future. Thank you Ryan for the great day!

1  Thank whitetone707