“Graeagle Fishing Trip”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's foremost one day fly fishing guides. We supply gear and offer great lunches in addition to lessons, float trips, since 1994 Jack Trout Fly Fishing International has been a leader for worldwide one day trips for fly fishing. Beginners to advanced welcomed.
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Zachariah Stone Silver was an amazing fly fishing guide down in Graeagle!!! We met at the general store and then headed out for four hours of FUN and EXCITEMENT. My husband caught his first trout on a fly! Z did a super job making sure all people were having a good time and learning. He is very knowledgeable and funny. Wonderful experience.....book with this company if you are looking for an awesome experience!!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great guy"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 24, 2016

My wife and I hired Jack to take us out on a half day trip on the McCloud river. Jack was well experienced and enthusiastic the whole time, he showed great knowledge of the area as well as the history that surrounds the McCloud river system. We caught some beautiful rainbow trout and even though we had a half day he let us use the equipment for the remainder of the afternoon which was great. Overall just a great experience and we look forward to our next trip with him sometime in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

I bought a full-day guided trip as a surprise for my husband's birthday along the McCloud River. He's a pretty experience fly fisherman, but this was my first time to fly fish. Jack made it a fun and challenging experience for both of us! He would put us in different spots and give each of us tips. I not only learned a lot of good technique as a newbie, but he also would entertain with his wit and his vast knowledge of local history (as it relates to the fish in the river). His equipment was quality and I would have stayed completely dry had it not been my clumsiness of falling into the river. ;-) We caught a few fish, and I almost reeled in a monster. Book Jack! If you can, do it in the peak fishing months. We'd do it again! Thank you, Jack!

Reviewed August 19, 2016

First time salt water fly fishing for bonefish and permit and what a tremendous and exhilarating experience. I obtained my guide, Lloyd Nunez, through Jack Trout Fly Fishing. Jack was very easy to communicate and did all the scheduling. This was an all day trip out of Hopkins, Belize. We left from the Sittee River Marina and fished numerous flats around a variety of very small islands. Lloyd was excellent locating numerous pods of bonefish and permit throughout the day. I also had a spotter (Marlin) that would accompany me when we wade fished and he would also carry the second fly rod that was rigged for bonefish. On several occasions we encountered pods of permit and bonefish in the same area. I am certainly not an excellent fly caster but decent enough.
Had to deal with moderate wind and had numerous excellent attempts during the day to
cast upon permit and bonefish. I was quite amazed how darn picky these fish can be.
It was not until our last stop in the late afternoon that I hooked up with my first permit.
The entire day was a great adventure. Highly recommend Jack Trout Fly Fishing.
Kelly Keith