“Amazing Family Adventure to Cuba!”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's foremost one day fly fishing guides. We supply gear and offer great lunches in addition to lessons, float trips, since 1994 Jack Trout Fly Fishing International has been a leader for worldwide one day trips for fly fishing. Beginners to advanced welcomed.
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Words can not describe how wonderful our trip to Havana and Cayo Largo, Cuba was with Jack and Carola Trout!
This world-class salt water fishing adventure to Cuba was a graduation gift for our oldest son. Our family of 6 (3 anglers and 3 non-anglers) enjoyed 9 days of travel, touring and incredible fishing with this special couple. Accommodations, dining and tours were top notch in both Havana and Cayo Largo. We encountered very few travel related issues that couldn't be handled immediately with Carola's Spanish speaking skills. She was a super help with our little kiddos (8 and 4 years old) as she scheduled activities and fun things for them to do during the days. It is always a good time to fish and hang out with Jack and his crew of highly trained guides. Our anglers caught the most and biggest bonefish they've ever caught! They also caught tarpon, snook and snapper; however, the permit was elusive on this trip. Our little ones fished, released baby turtles, found many starfish and played on the most beautiful beach in the world. We highly recommend traveling and fishing with Jack and Carola Trout and are looking forward to our next trip with them.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great guy"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed August 8, 2016

What can I say - the best in Northern California for sure. We did a great run on the lower Sac. and caught some of the largest trout I have ever caught... Jack then took us on the McCloud for some beautiful fishing - positive attitude and totally fun, and helped my fishing a great deal. THANKS JACK!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Got to see some awesome places. Caught some fish. I will be looking forward to my next trip. Cause you are going to have fun, learn about history and laugh.
Thanks jack

Reviewed August 5, 2016

This is the third trip I've been fishing with Jack. We've always caught fish and I've always learned something about local history. This trip our group consisted of novice and beginner flyfishers and we fished the lower portion of the Sacramento River at Redding. Jack is unfailingly patient and will put you on the fish. We were fishing at the end of the July, typically a slower time on the river, but we caught fish including the one of the biggest and best fighting rainbow trout I've seen in awhile. Highly recommended for beginners to experienced anglers.