Review Highlights
Graeagle Fly Fishing

My 14 year old son and I spent a half day fly fishing with Jack Trout. It was such an awesome... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
crickett75
Float Tubing Upper Sac

Spent the day with Jack who’s energy and kind spirit made all the difference. We talked, caught... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Robmanriquez

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish steelhead beef great trip float trip great guide drift boat local guide rainbow trout guided trip cruise ship his knowledge bass
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2016

My wife and I planned a Mountain Sobek Patagonia tour and I couldn't go to Patagonia and not fly fish in an area I've longed to try. I decided o arrive dearly by myself to fish but didn't know the area. Fortunately I found Jack Trout through online research and he was very helpful arranging a local guide for me. Since I couldn't bring my own gear Jack arranged to have all my equipment provided. Jack's wife Carola was wonderful making hotel arrangements and handling the bus transportation from Punta Arenas airport. Carola went the extra mile helping me with logistics. The guide was great, provided quality gear and had access to private water on the Vizcacha river where I didn't see another angler. I caught several big Browns sight casting with dry flies. Two were 25 inches! My only regret was I didn't have more than two days to fish but they were two memorable days with great fish in a beautiful area. Jack & Carola were very attentive and easy to deal with. Thanks Jack & Carola.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank G7778JVscottt
Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

Great guide easy going laid back and effective guide. We are more small stream dry fly fisherman and he accommodated us nice day.
We will do one of his 10 day trips next year

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank tomcrass
Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

Jack Trout gave an excellent experience to this 1st-time fly fisher. I got lucky and booked up with him in Puerto Varas, Chile, with only a few days notice. Great lesson/coaching (patient, very hard-working, sincere fellow, goes above & beyond), he also shares his depth of knowledgeable about Chilean/Latin American history. Cool dude, and I highly recommend him!
Thanks, again, Trout!

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank Chris W
Reviewed January 21, 2016

At the last minute a group of us, all flyfishing novices, on a cruise ship wanted a guided flyfishing trip in southern Chile. Found Jack Trout online. He and his spouse responded promptly and we were able to set up a tailored trip for the next day. He and his guide met the 4 of us at the dock area and took us on an absolutely brilliant day on the river. He is a knowledgable and skilled guide. Caught fish on both dry flies and streamer. pretty exciting. Great meal on the banks of the river. Carola made the excellent desert and picked us up on time at the pick up location. A brief tour of P. Varas and we were back at the ship on time. A great day!

Date of experience: January 2016
1  Thank rachman
Reviewed January 6, 2016

My son and I had a spectacular Christmas day on the water with Jack Trout, aided by his lovely wife, Carola, dropping us off and picking us up. Christmas!!!

Jack is a consummate professional. We floated the ?? River near Puerto Varas and I caught a new fish for me, a Grisle, on streamers. He did a great job coaching my son on dry flies in the afternoon. Jack prepared a wonderful grilled lunch river side and created a most memorable day! Very personal service and great guiding.

Date of experience: December 2015