Review Highlights
Graeagle Fly Fishing

My 14 year old son and I spent a half day fly fishing with Jack Trout. It was such an awesome... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
crickett75
Float Tubing Upper Sac

Spent the day with Jack who’s energy and kind spirit made all the difference. We talked, caught... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Robmanriquez

All reviews his wife chilli the river puerto varas fish steelhead beef great trip float trip great guide drift boat local guide rainbow trout guided trip cruise ship his knowledge bass
Selected filters
Reviewed March 11, 2015

My husband and I went out with Jack a few days ago. My husband had been out fly fishing twice before, but I had never held a fly rod. By the end of the day I had reeled in 2 fish, and had more on my line than I can remember. My husband wasn't quite as lucky, but Jack was passionate about helping my husband, and working the river until he was successful. His wife had prepared a delicious lunch, we enjoyed along the riverside. Weather also cooperated beautifuuly, so we had an incredible outing. Jack enthusiasm is above and beyond, and we really enjoyed his stories on the history of Chili, as well, as his excellence as a guide. Would definitely recommend!

Date of experience: March 2015
2  Thank Nancy F
Reviewed March 7, 2015

It was a great day fishing with Jack Trout in Puerto Montt, Chile! Jack provided a first class trip fishing on the Petrohue. Being an American from one of the best fisheries in the US, and having guided in Chile for many years, Jack has all the most up to date equipment and assortment of flies and techniques. He was one of the original fishing guides in Chile when its sport fishing industry was being first developed in the early 1990's. I have personally fly fished both fresh and salt water ranging from Alaska, Canada, NWT, both US coasts, Mexico and can say without hesitation that he ranks right at the top of guide services. Jack is well known and has also been the guest speaker at our California fly fishing club besides speaking up and down California at various fly fishing venues.
His lunch was also a delight which included delicious Chilean fare! Without a doubt, he is your first choice in Chilean and northern California fishing guides!

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank BillyDKidd
Reviewed March 7, 2015

Seven days of heaven. Jack and Carola met us at the bus terminal in Valdivia, Chile and loaded us in their Toyota Forerunner for a trip across the Andes to Argentina. Jack arranged an excellent Argentina guide for us. Superb results fishing on the Melleo, Alumine River. Wading on the Chimehuin R. in two 50 meter riffles we extracted over 50 fish in a few hours.
Returning to Chile we waded the Petrohue, landing three 10+ lb. rainbows, the scream of the reel,the bend of the rod and racing across boulders with Jack shouting encouragement are firmly etched in my mind. The fishing was incredible but Jack and Carola's hospitality made for a complete experience, they are true friends now. Fine friends, superb fishing and a great adventure, what more can one ask for??

Date of experience: March 2015
2  Thank alan k
Reviewed February 20, 2015

Mattias treated us to a great day on the river. We are novice (at best) and Mattias gave us instruction throughout the float as well as treating us to great laughs along the way. We would love to get back to Chile and fish with Mattias or Jack.
Jack handled all the logistics perfectly.
Fish with them for a great trip.

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank elliottp206
Reviewed January 31, 2015

I booked a trip thru Jack to fly fish the flats out of Hopkins with Lloyd Nunez. I had a memorable day with Lloyd and his son, Franz. They are amazing fish finders-I had the opportunity to cast to more fish in one day, than I've seen in 3 trips fishing the Florida Keys. Franz spotted a tailing permit from 100 yards in broken water-incredible. These guys are all business and will put you on fish, but they are also wonderful chaps to spend a day with in a beautiful place. Lloyd brought homemade burritos for lunch!! Overall great experience, hope to go with them again.

Date of experience: January 2015