“Jack Trout Fishing Tours... Always the Best!”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The world's foremost one day fly fishing guides. We supply gear and offer great lunches in addition to lessons, float trips, since 1994 Jack Trout Fly Fishing International has been a leader for worldwide one day trips for fly fishing. Beginners to advanced welcomed.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My 12-year old son and I have been fishing with Jack for three years and every time is a blast!

He makes you feel right at home on his boat, has the supplies and gear that you need and always good for lively conversation about fishing. And, we have caught some great fish - plenty!

If you are looking for a super fly fishing guide in the Shasta area, Jack's your man!

George Paris
Menlo Park, CA

2  Thank George P

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I went out with my pal Jack Trout today fishing, eating and catching up on old times. Jack said we were going to float the Upper Sacramento River.
The weather was perfect, we launched the raft and had the best day.

I have known Jack for over 20 years and it was wonderful to see him using all of his years experience as a angler and river rafter and create a day that will not be forgotten.
Jack not only knows the fishing spots but knows how to maneuver the river safely. We went down class III rapids which only added to the thrill of the day. The scenery made me feel like we were living back in an earlier era. I fished areas of the Upper Sac that I have never seen and we did not see anyone else all day.

Jack knows the history of the area, can spot and tell you about wildlife and has some great stories. We had a great relaxed day and I look forward hanging out with him again soon.

Especially memorable was hooking a 16 inch fish, playing it as Jack guided the boat down the rapids to a pool where we landed it.

Anyone looking for a unforgettable one of a kind adventure should give Jack a call. You won't regret it.

THANKS BUDDY FOR A GREAT DAY.

Mitch Barrett - a 30 year resident of Siskiyou County

2  Thank Mitch B
Reviewed April 24, 2014

On a mild, cloudy Monday Jack Trout took me to the Upper Sacramento River where we rafted a nine mile stretch of the river in search of "Hungry Rainbow Trout"! At first we fished using Nymphs until we were caught in the middle of a May Fly Hatch where many active fish were rising. It was really exciting to see the fish violently hitting the flies. Many big rainbows would rise and slurp the flies from the surface. Catching Rainbows on dry flies was an added bonus to the trip.

The Upper Sacramento River scenery is really breath taking! The recent rains has really helped to green up the landscape. The clear cold water cuts through the majestic canyon walls and forms your path down the river.

Jack is an expert Guide that really knows how to navigate the white water sections of the river and knows the exact spots of where to catch some beautiful rainbows! Jack puts you right in the middle of all the action because he knows right where to go.

Thank you so much Jack Trout for another amazing guided fishing day! You're the best!

1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Planned a last minute Fly Fishing trip down to Puerto Varas, Chile. Jack picked me up from the bus stop ready to hit the rivers right away. We waded the first day with success and caught a couple really nice fish. Although I fish often back in the states, I am no expert so Jack was really good at helping me. He taught me new casting methods while being patient with the learning curve. For lunch each day, his lovely wife cooked us up some of the best local Chilean cuisine, from ribs, to stir fry, to seafood. Scenery was beautiful and people of Chile are great company. If you ever get the chance to come down here, I would highly recommend it.

2  Thank Sam W
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After 3 days at a business conference in the fishing meca of Chile, Puerto Varas, I could not stand it any longer and flagged down a guy hauling a drift boat on the street who turned out to be an American guru guide so I skipped the last day and went fishing with him. How could I not, after all the guy’s real name was Jack Trout, has fished in Chile for many years and had all the Simms gear in all sizes ready to go. As Jack said, life is all about the ‘sky pilot’.
After the fish would not eat midges, a 7 lb rainbow immediately ate Jack’s so called Maybelline egg, made a jump then took almost 30 minutes to land as these fish are bionic from living in heavy currents which gave me an entire new respect for freshwater fishing. With no time to spare, Jack still arranged for an unforgettable lunch with some primo Chilean wine and pork chops, veggies and rice cooked on ground at the base of a volcano. Jack then got me back to airport after two hours of winding roads just in time to board the plane. Now that’s living – it’s not only about the great fishing he produced, but the amazing hang! Go to Chile and let Jack Trout make your dreams come true, planned or not, he is your man!

4  Thank John K