“Jack's the Man!”

Jack Trout Fly Fishing
Ranked #1 of 3 Tours in Mount Shasta
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1994, We outfit & guide, Cuba, Chile, Belize & Argentina. Northern California, Oregon & Nevada. We guide fly fishing on the Upper Sacramento River, McCloud River, Trinity River, Lower Sacramento River, Hat Creek, Pit River, Smith River, Klamath River, Truckee River, out of Mount Shasta, McCloud, Dunsmuir & Redding, California. Rogue, Chetco, Deschutes, Umpqua, Elks, Sixes in Oregon. Pyramid Lake, Truckee NV. Float Trips and wade trips for beginners to advance, all gear included and stream-side gourmet lunch.
San Leandro, California
“Jack's the Man!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Jack's expertise, patience and humor made the entire experience a blast from the beginning! He was so knowledgeable and friendly and knowing it was our very first fly fishing experience, he seemed to go the extra mile to make our experience that much more enjoyable! And Kobe Beef (his dog) was a hoot! The weather was perfect on our trip down the Klamath River and the food and beer was so yummy!! He even baked cookies to celebrate hubby's birthday which I found VERY thoughtful! Between hubs and me, we must have broken a hundred lines haha, but Jack was always so patient and cracked jokes as he would fix our lines. Defintely go to Jack if you want to have an awesome fly fishing experience!! He always seems to know when and where the fish will bite and THEY DO!!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Lisa A

El Sobrante, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jack Trout : the Professional Fishing Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

My first time out with Jack was June 2013 to fish for wild trout around McCloud River and a few other spots that day.
I took my 20 year old son.
We had a blast catching and release.
Jack was patient to teach my son to fly fish as well.

I took a buddy of mine and went out with Jack to catch and release steelhead on the Klamath River November 9, 2013. Again, it was awesome!!
Carola Trout prepared a superb gourmet lunch and we grubbed out along the river. haha

I am not writing this because Jack asked me.
I was referred to Jack through a long time friend. Until recently, I could not afford these fishing trips in my life. I am grateful I met him.

Next, I will go out with Jack to float the Sacramento River to Lake Shasta for wild trout next season 2014.

Jack is professional, courteous, and genuinely works hard for his customers to catch fish and have fun. Very good people indeed !!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Louis H
Colorado Springs, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You can't go wrong with Jack Trout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

During my recent vacation to northern California, I wanted to try my hand at fly fishing for steelhead trout. After searching the internet, I booked a full day float trip with Jack Trout on the Klamath River for Oct. 9th. We had a terrific day thanks to great weather, beautiful fall colors, good fishing (both Steelhead and Chinook Salmon), wonderful gourmet lunch, and Jack's extensive knowledge and humorous stories. Because he is a native of the Mt. Shasta area and has guided there for 20 years, you will not find a more experienced and insightful guide than Jack. He is a very patient and "attention to detail" instructor. By the end of the day I had learned a ton about the fish, reading the river, rigging methods, casting, setting the hook, and landing the fish. I especially appreciated that several times, Jack rowed the drift boat back upstream to give me additional chances to hook fish in promising runs.

In summary, Jack is extremely conscientious and focused on ensuring clients have the best chances for fishing success and an overall wonderful day.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Bruce H
Roseville, California
“Great Fly Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a great day fishing with Jack. Due to fishing conditions, we switched from a float trip to a shore trip. Jack took me to a beautiful location on the river, and the fish were stacked up in the pools. After some helpful casting tips, we were landing plenty of fish. When the bite slowed, Jack would immediately change flies and we would get bites. I had a great day and would definitely fish with Jack again.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Jeff S
San Jose, California
“Great Time!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

My Fiance and I went on a guided trip with Jack for his birthday. This was our first guided fly fishing trip. My fiance is an avid fly fisherman and I am still in the learning stages. Jack was very patient and had a lot of great tips for me. We both ended up catching a lot of fish!!!

Jack took us to a great fishing fishing spot on the McCloud river(where we caught lots of trout). He also took us to see and fish at some gorgeous waterfalls on the McCloud (my fiance caught more fish, I got some great pictures).

Jacks wife Carola, made our delicious hot lunch!!!! Which we ate at the waterfalls. Great views!

Jack was such a pleasure to have our first guided experience with! He is very knowledgable in the Shasta area history and of course the great fishing spots!

I will not hesitate to recommend Jack Trout! He gave us a very memorable trip!

Thank you Jack and Carola for the great fishing experience and fishing spots!!

Visited September 2013