“Boring-yawn yawn”

Mount Hermon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mount Hermon Adventures is the home of the Redwood Canopy Tours zip line tour and the Sequoia Aerial Adventure course. The Redwood Canopy Tour is a fully guided zip line tour with six zip lines led by our amazing guide staff. The Sequoia Aerial Adventure is an adventure course with three levels, multiple challenges, and the exciting "quick jump" free-fall challenge. Reservations are required so please make your reservation and plan ahead for an amazing adventure in the redwood forest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family has ziplinned in Puerto Vallarta, MIchigan, and southern california. Each one is different. The current reviewers obviously have not done other tours. Redwood Canopy tours was super boring and not much fun. The ziplines are short, the guides hold you up at each spot talking nonsense while try to stretch out a tour that should take 30 minutes. There were no thrills, or fun. Don't waste your money. This zipline was close to home, so we were really disappointed.

10  Thank nollvis33

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Would have loved to visit the zip lines, but couldn't because these goofs wouldn't bother returning phone calls requesting health limitations for the activity. They have a VM system and ask people to leave a message, but then they don't bother returning those messages. This meant that even though we were trying to make real reservations early enough to make our schedule, these guys never returned any of our several calls and it pretty much wrecked our plans for the week. It leaves me wondering about which other minor details they will not only overlook, but actually ignore. As it turns out, they did respond to a text message of all things (kind of surprising considering their mountainous location), but that was to only tell us the day before our planned visit that things were all booked up for the next several days!

2  Thank Scurvy
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I did this with my 18 year-old niece. We had both been before at other places and found this trip to be extremely well done. The guides were both fabulous -- informative but also with a great sense of humor. The setting is absolutely gorgeous, and it was nice to see that such care was taken to build the course in a minimal-impact way. I definitely recommend working this into your visit to the Bay Area or keeping it in mind when entertaining out of town guests.

2  Thank CAtraveller12
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife, myself and our 16 year old son booked the Redwood zipline tour after picking up a leaflet in our hotel in San Francisco. By the time we did it, we had moved down to a hotel in Monterey and found it really easy to get to and to find.

We had a really good, well organised afternoon, made the more fun by our excellent leaders, Jordan and Lesley, who were fun, patient, encouraging and informative - not just about the activity, but about the Redwoods and the environment around us.

We started off quite tentatively, but by the final platform we sat on the edge (150ft up in a tree), feet hanging over, admiring the views as we waited for everyone to join us. I would wholeheartedly recommend this activity to families with teenage children looking for something a bit different, with a sense of adventure.

3  Thank TimB1234
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My first impressions of the Mount Hermon staff and course is that it is extremely professional, safe, and absolutely gorgeous.
I've been zip lining a few times now and this was the most relaxing course I've been through. The redwood forest in which you glide is simply beautiful and I was very impressed by the redundant cable system used here. I've never experienced zip lining with TWO cables before. This helped me feel so much more secure and spin much less.
The Mount Hermon guides help you assemble your equipment whilst memorizing your names and getting to know a bit about you. They were very thorough in teaching how to zip and allowing practice. While on the course, they were very knowledgeable about redwoods and the area, and had great, friendly personalities.
I'm giving Mount Hermon Redwood Canopy Tours four stars because I didn't find this course particularly daring or adventurous. However, in terms of safety, professionalism, gorgeosity, and a fun day with my family, they are the best I've experienced.

2  Thank rsirwin2