“Lots of fun! Different from Kauai - beautiful redwoods!”

Mount Hermon Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mount Hermon Adventures is the home of the Redwood Canopy Tours zip line tour and the Sequoia Aerial Adventure course. The Redwood Canopy Tour is a fully guided zip line tour with six zip lines led by our amazing guide staff. The Sequoia Aerial Adventure is an adventure course with three levels, multiple challenges, and the exciting "quick jump" free-fall challenge. Reservations are required so please make your reservation and plan ahead for an amazing adventure in the redwood forest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We have done ziplining twice on Kauai so thought we'd check out Redwood Canopy Tours. Turns out the person who designed one of the zips on Kauai designed this one. There were 7 of us zip-lining; 2 staff. The staff were informative about the area, redwoods, the zip layouts and safety. They were diligent and observant at all times. Those of you who have zip'd elsewhere - at Redwood Canopy Tours - you have to touch the cable on every zip On Kauai, we were told to never, ever touch the cables. We had a pulley that hung from the wire to slow down and steer. Here - they teach you how to steer by using the hand on top of the gear attached to the cable. To slow down - you have to put firm pressure on the cable itself - right above your head. It's easy to want to 'grab' the cable because - well - you're going too fast right? You don't want to 'grab' the cable because you're going so fast, you'll pull your shoulder out .. They take you to a 'bunny' zip to practice steering and slowing down. Consistent between all zip tours - don't put your hand in front of the gears. However, it's more important to pay attention here because you will be touching the cable all the time.

As opposed to jumping from cliffs or platforms raised from the ground, these platforms are wooden circles on redwood trees. Makes you feel like you're on a tree house platform. You're secure the whole time but it's a bit scary.

Overall - fun, exhilarating, everyone had a great time and would highly recommend. Great staff, beautiful area. If you don't want to zip, there are trails underneath (way underneath) the ziplines to watch.

8  Thank catgetsdown

Reviewed August 22, 2010

It was AMAZING! I will go again, my grandma did it! Me and my gf did it and I have had fun every time. Every guide has basically the same knowledge but they all like different parts and will tell you new little facts and each time I went it was a totally new experience! Super nice staff, and everything looks and feels so safe. Also it is so beautiful in the trees at Mt Hermon. And all of Mt. Hermon is beautiful, it was founded in 1906 and has so much history, but the canopy tour is run out of a state of the art brand new building and the zips are the sake way. Everything is beautiful! You should go! (If you can't tell from this review, I loved it!)

5  Thank mlcatdog
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This past weekend I had the pleasure the amazing experience of the zipline tour. It was unbelievable! It was exciting, exhilerating, & spiritually empowering. I felt like my level of faith & trust in God was not only confirmed but, increased. There is no way i could have gone through with it without God! I loved it & the tour guides were great (Alli & James)

5  Thank Libertyme
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My 11 yo daughter found this trip online, and we made the drive from SF while on vacation there, about 90 mins. Well worth it. I will admit the thought of taking my children 200 feet above the Redwood forest floor on zip lines kept me up the night before. But the staff is very kind, patient, professional and considerate of nervous parents. Safety is paramount. Canopy ecology/beauty and local history are intermixed with fun and thrills. The trip of a lifetime is no exaggeration. Would definitely go again. (see our videos)

After 2h tour (instruction included) went to Don Quixote in Felton for Mexican Lunch (great food, service and price; don't be fooled when you walk in), then Santa Cruz Pier (9 mi), then back to hotel in SF via Stanford Campus drive-by. A great and manageable day.

Have fun with your family at Mt. Hermon.

5  Thank kmbmitts
Reviewed July 29, 2008

My wife and I were one of the first to get to go on the new Mount Hermon Redwood Canopy Zipline Tour just north of Santa Cruz, CA. It was an amazing course high in the giant redwoods- incredibly fun and beautiful. The platforms and course reminded me of the Ewok Village high in the trees in Star Wars Episode 6, and in fact, they told us this zipline course was constructed by the same company that built those sets for Star Wars! Many of the platforms are 150 feet up the trees, and we zipped through the redwoods and high across Bean Creek. The tour consists of 6 zips, the longest is 440 feet. It's totally cool and highly recommended. One needs to be 12 years old to go, but there were people of all ages an abilities in our group and everyone had a blast. The guides were very professional and fun, everything was very safe. And I loved the two cable system which is much better than other ziplines I'd been on. Instead of dangling from a lanyard from one cable, you can actually control your own spinning and braking and even self rescue if you end up short of a platform. On other systems, I've seen people get stuck and the operator has to go out and get you- not here. We loved it! Totally exhilirating, education, fun, and relaxing too! A must see if you're anywhere in Northern or Central California. The tour is 8 miles north of Santa Cruz, right near to Roaring Camp where the old logging steam train stops (the train returns to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk amusement park).

14  Thank JimboLA