“Nice little getaway”
Review of Mount Baldy Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Baldy
Mount Baldy Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Baldy
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It's unfortunate that so many people are posting reviews on here based on the restaurant alone because the actual accommodations and grounds and much better than the restaurant.

I rented two cabins here with a couple of friends so we could hike the area and we loved our little cabins! Yes, they are rustic and dated but are fairly clean still super cute. There is a ton of things to do onsite as well...basketball, ping pong, bocce ball, pool, hiking.

The restaurant isn't that great...typical deep friend pub fare. Brunch (which is only served on Sundays) was better than the dinners and lunches. Service was hit and miss. We were on the patio all the time so maybe that accounted for having to wait a long time? Waitresses were friendly enough though, some too much so! :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela F

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I popped in here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon after driving up to check out the ski lifts. Definitely has a lodge feel to it. Sat out on the patio. Service was great. Had the Chicken Cajun sandwich & wasn't anything special. Best attribute of the place the atmosphere & ambiance if you're looking for a rustic, lodge-like experience. The rates for the rental cabins look reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank icuski2
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My Husband & I had gone up there often to eat lunch. Always enjoyed everything about it! Food (great-Ortega Burger), Staff so nice and friendly Always checking to make sure it was all okay! Food does take a while to get to you but a nice drink and the atmosphere made the wait okay.
Well not today!! It's been a while since we've been up here so we came with our son & daughter-in-law. The place wasn't that busy. But the way the waitress acted it was as if we were there to bother her. She was in such a hurry to take our order for our beers. Took forever to get them even though she whizzed around the place like it was packed and there was waiting out the door, when actually the whole time we were there all you had to do was walk in and sit down. When she took our food order she tapped her foot and really not making us feel welcomed yet. Of course food took forever which we knew it would but the hamburger I was looking so forward to came with lettuce on the side which was fine but no tomato or onion. No seasoning at all, was constantly putting salt & pepper on it. A drop of mayo (mustard & ketchup on table) just dry and not like we remembered. She DROPS off the food giving us the wrong food baskets so we played pass the food and said "anything else?" my daughter-in-law said "Um, napkins would be good" so with a little attitude she DROPS off 4 tissue thin napkins and leaves. No knives, forks nothing!! She came by once and asked if she could take our food baskets ,my son then asked for another beer, never once did she come by and ask while we were eating if we needed anything. After she came by to finish getting the rest of our food baskets she said "anything else?" we said no and as fast as you could blink she whips out our check and SLAPS it in a puddle of beer on the table.
So needless to say "Haley" didn't get a tip and it will be a while before we go back! There used to be a lady that worked in there that waited on people, was behind the bar and never acted like she was rushed and let you know she knew you were there. I guess times change!! This all goes to the blond curly head guy behind the bar or sitting on the bar stool which ever he was deciding to do.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank karem13
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Every time I called, the customer service on the phone was stellar. In person, the same. My room, cabin #3, was adorable. The food is ok. No cel phone reception. Some of the locals are rude. The owner seemed a little uptight. I didn't feel like a welcomed guest. I felt like I was applying for an apt and getting denied, like I had to apologize for being there. The saving grace was our amazing bartender and the great customer service I had over the phone. I will return, but I will steer clear of the owner. It's a modest little lodge, not a seedy crack motel, but someone forgot to tell the owner. He didn't need to act like he was watching and regulating the guests, like we're doing something wrong. I am a single mom. I had two little kids with me. I wasn't there to feel scrutinized. It was our vacation. Not a parole hearing. I was expecting more of a, "what can I do for you?" Instead, I got, "so what are you doing wrong? Parking in the wrong spot, maybe? A visitor in your cabin? Don't do that." I invited my family up for dinner. They live about an hour away. We had to eat somewhere else because I was afraid the owner would think they were in my cabin if they were in the dining room. It's a super small town. People know if you aren't local.

Geez, I meant this to be a positive review.

Bottom line for me, the service is excellent. I will go back at least one more time before deciding to make it "my spot" or not.

For what it is worth, we never got treated like that at the Buckhorn. They were very family friendly.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank SeaJenniTravel
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Been here twice now, staff are super nice and make you feel like you are home. I love the rustic, warm feel of the entire place, hard to believe this kind of place could be found in just above such a big city! The first time I visited while on a motorcycle trip with three buddies all on Harley-Davidson's they didn't look at us funny, the just treated us as locals. We had coffee, hot chocolate, and deserts. Everything was very good. The second visit, we had the "grubber burger", fries, veggie chili, and a salad. The burger was kind of greasy and the fries were undercooked. The chili was decent when enough tabasco was added, and the house salad was essentially lettuce with a few cucumber slices and a couple of tomato wedges. All in all, great place to hang out, have a warm drink or some beers, not the place to have a great meal; expect average bar food quality at best. I'll go back for the atmosphere and drinks.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank MikeManny70
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I was traveling for business and decided to stay over the weekend to do some hiking and biking. Stopped in to the restaurant for a few beers and found myself ordering dinner. I sat at the bar and enjoyed a few drafts and then ordered a chicken and vegetable dish. This is not a place you go to save money but it is very convenient to the mountain. The ambiance is rustic and the food is average. The service was fine. I'd stop again for a beer and a quick bite.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank kielar
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Rooms are okay, environment was pleasant but restaurant/bar service ruined the visit! Apart from lunch, service for dinner is ridiculously worthles and we only had pie n coffee! Don't order the Bloody Marys and if you want anything that resembles service, SIT AT THE BAR. You'll end up there anywaybecause the waitress/bartender will forget they have tables!

3  Thank NITAOB

Been to Mount Baldy Lodge? Share your experiences!