“Get Away From It All Without Leaving It All” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mt. Baldy Ski Area

Mt. Baldy Ski Area
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular California ski area offers more than 50 trails for downhill and snowboard enthusiasts.
Montclair, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Get Away From It All Without Leaving It All”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hike the Mt Baldy trail across from the Mt Baldy Lodge. It is a great day hike. Not even that. Great trail some incline but not bad. Great view of the valley. On a clear day you can see Los Angeles on part of the trail. Cross a stream, climb over a fallen tree or two on your way to Bear Flats.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jemetta

Orange, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Need Clearer Advertising - Sledding is for Preschoolers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Now, I would like to preface this review by mentioning that my son and I had been there during the summer months and done some hiking and found that breathtaking. Go do it if you have a chance - it's really great!

Now the sledding - I bought a bunch of coupons off of Groupon for inner tubing. The package came with ski lift ride up the mountain and inner tube rental. Given the price and the fact that you could only attend 2 hour sessions, I assumed it was a big deal. When we got up the mountain we found that the sledding area was maybe 25 yards long and it was not exactly an exciting ride. It was a joke. I couldn't believe I had laid down the cash I had for THAT. If I had known that it was a ride for little children, I wouldn't have brought a bunch of middle schoolers and high school freshman. They should have made that clear in their advertising. It was a huge waste of time.

I rented my son a snow board and a helmet and let him loose. The rest of the kids and I sat down on the restaurant patio (excellent view) and had a soda. Our interaction with the staff was mixed - some friendly and some downright disaffected and rude. Now, for the rudeness I will grant that the employees are probably not having a good season. There just hasn't been much snow this season.

I would go back for the hiking. I can't speak to the skiing. But unless you have a 3 year old, don't go sledding for that amount of money.

Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Cool LA area getaway to the mountains”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Sister gifted me a scenic lift ride and lunch here for Christmas. We cashed in on it in March. It's only an hour from LA which is nice and 1.5 hours from north San Diego. After the windy ride, we arrived to this small but beautiful area. Nothing spectacular about the actual venue, but the views were nice. We could see to Catalina that clear day. The food was your standard ski lodge food, but I was bummed that we didn't realize there was better food that we could order at the bar (salads vs. chili fries). I think we'll try it next time. Definitely a nice getaway from the city...

Visited March 2013
Glendora
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Not just for the winter.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoy hiking up there in the summer and in the winter. The food at the restaurant isn't the greatest, but you can't beat the view. We have been using Group On to get discount tickets to use the ski lift and get a discount on the food.

Visited September 2012
San Bernardino, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ice House Saddle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We hiked all the way to the top!!! This is a rough one especially with the snow, water, rocks, dirt, etc we had to hike in! And we went in like May/June.