“Hello, hello - is anyone there?”

Sea Harvest Fish Market & Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We asked to be seated in the section overlooking the water - the picnic tables on the deck - which is clearly visible and accessible from the patio next to it. That was our first mistake. We sat, and sat and sat some more patiently - then impatiently for over a half hour or more. No one came with so much as a glass of water - no waiter or waitress to be seen. Finally I got up and went to the hostess and told her we were still waiting for our waitress. Some time later a busboy? and a waitress appeared and took our order. No explanation or apology given. We now each had a glass of ice tea - and we proceeded to sit, sit and sit some more. No waitress or food appeared. It's been about an hour now. At this point my husband and I were ready to just get up and walk out. This was the worst service I have ever experienced bar none. Another customer came out to the deck area and sat in the table next to us. She received the same horrible service that we did. When she finally did get served she asked for some bread to go with her salad. The waitress - walking away - said that will cost you $1.75. We were as shocked as the customer and offered her some of our bread. While the view from the deck is beautiful the service was so horrible I can't say I would ever go again.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very scenic location. We met family for lunch one afternoon and the place was very busy. We were happy with the service and the food, so we decided to try Sea Harvest in Monterey later in the week. Both restaurants we would highly recommend.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Sea harvest is the lesser known fish market in Moss Landing. I had the Calamari and my husband had the fire roasted artichoke appetizer; both were very good. We both had the traditIonal frIed seafood and fries.

The restaurant sits near the mouth of the harbour. From the enclosed patio you can watch sea lions and otters frolicking

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We discovered this place quite by accident on our first visit to California, some years back, and were looking forward to eating here again. We were not disappointed!

We sat out on the covered deck and started with a plate of calamari and one of prawns, to share. We then followed those with the Seafood Medley Kabobs with Teriyaki sauce. Totally delicious!

The other lovely thing about a visit here is to see the sea otters in the creek. They look so cute!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Just finished lunch here on Mother's Day. I ordered a beautiful large artichoke that arrived boiled and ruined. So soggy, I had to wring it to try it. Nasty! Who boils them? You steam them! I had a full cup of water in the base of my dish.
Then, I had to return the garlic fries for regular fries because after they fried them, then sautéed them into complete greasy mush in a garlic butter sauce. Gross!
Husband ordered a nice local fish that was way, way overcooked...again, is the chef trying to ruin the food? You have to work to arrive at that level of bad cooking. The corn dog for the kids were edible. How does a restaurant survive like that? It must be the view....