“Mexican by the shore”

Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Don't let the location (across from a large industrial apparatus of some kind) fool you, this is some good food in a convivial atmosphere. Very welcoming of our kids, which is always a relief.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We chose a platter of assorted house specialties, but found most of it quite greasy. The artichoke was great but I would of liked to see more veggies on this plate.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place is the perfect place to eat! After doing some whale watching it satiated our hunger fantastically. The environment was nice and relaxing, with a great view. Has an outdoor garden with fountains. If you are sitting by a window you can open the window for a nice breeze off of the sea. The food was very good and the service was great as well! I would go here again in a heartbeat! Yum!!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Moss Landing KOA RV park just across the street from the restaurant. It was the night before Easter and the place was packed. However, we only had to wait about 10 minutes for our table. In the meantime, there was a great solo guitarist playing a variety of songs to keep us entertained. We were seated at a table next to the window which was great too. I ordered "the Whole Enchilada" which was filled with fresh fish. I have to say this was the best enchilada I have ever tasted. The sauce was perfect, sweet, spicy with a bit of a tang. The amount of fish in the enchilada was impressive. It was so fresh it tasted as if it was just caught. The service was excellent. I don't think our water glasses ever made it to half full because there was always someone there to fill it up. We also loved the hominess of the place. It was a prefect evening. I highly recommend this place for anyone driving between Monterey and Santa Cruz.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was my 3rd visit to the Whole Enchilada. Prices are a bit higher for the quality of the food. The last time my friend and I visited, our waiter was less than attentive. Drinks were very strong (too strong for us). I like the food and atmosphere here but I am not sure I will be back.