“Decent food for a slightly higher price”

The Whole Enchilada
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was my 3rd visit to the Whole Enchilada. Prices are a bit higher for the quality of the food. The last time my friend and I visited, our waiter was less than attentive. Drinks were very strong (too strong for us). I like the food and atmosphere here but I am not sure I will be back.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Ray, the owner is a kind and funny person. he runs a wonderful place off the road side. It's a lot like the owner's persona, fun and silly. the food is wonderful.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This place is a converted gas station from many years ago. It was very comfortable place to hang out. The tourist channel had a review that was pretty spot on. The owner is an older gentleman, but he greats every customer as if they were family. He actually thanks you for dining there even before you order. The food was very good. If you want a place to hang out for a couple hours with friends and enjoy conversation this is the place!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We plan all our trips south from San Francisco to go through Moss Landing just so we can stop at the Whole Enchilada. On our last trip, I had the Mariscos chimichanga and my husband had the Mariscos chile relleno. Both were fabulous. Fresh fish, tasty cheeses and chiles! The Whole Enchilada Margarita is also delicious and you can practically bathe in the Fiesta size! The owner always stops by at the table to say hello, check on our meal and thank us for coming to his restaurant. We have been lucky enough to have the same waitress for our last two or three visits and although we only come 2-3 times per year, she always seems to recognize us, maybe just a trick of the trade, but it makes you feel special.
Not sure why other reviews haven't been 5 star but we would highly recommend it. We have sent friends there and they always comment on the great food as well.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Best thing they have here is the Chicken enchilada. I have had the beans and rice on two occasions and was not able to finish them since they were not fresh or very good. There are better Mexican food choices in the area. I have not returned.