“Little disappointing”

Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We might have arrived on a "Off" day. The design of the restaurant is cute but the service was very disappointing. The lunch began with the waiter spilling water on my son and we had to go out to the car to change his clothes. It took a half an hour to take our order and an hour to get our food. The food is a little expensive and just okay. There were not a lot of people in the restaurant and the service could have been a little better. So this is a good place to eat if you have patience and extra money for "okay" food. Looking at the rest of the reviews this just might have been a " off" day.

1  Thank Jeff V

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My friend and I stopped here after a horseback ride on the beach. We were referred by a group of bikers the night before, and they definitely didn't steer us wrong! The food was amazing and came out within 5 minutes of ordering! I usually can't finish a whole burrito, but I couldn't stop eating this no matter how full I was!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you love great fresh california-mex you will love the Whole Enchilada. Everything here is superbly made and presented. I eat here every time we are in the area and have never been disappointed. Try either the fresh or deep fried (not usually a pick for me) artichoke appetizer.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Everyone kept telling us "you have to eat here" so we did. We passed up Phil's fish tacos and went with everyone's advise. We have no idea what our friends call really good Mexican food but if you have ever eaten the meat from Costco it's good meat but not what I expected. It taste just like that meat. My friend said his was not bad he had the fish tacos but the nachos and burritos were OK. Don't go really hungry either it's a really, really long wait. Oh the owner of the place goes around and introduces himself which I thought was really cool. Bring your credit card it's pretty expensive. Service was awful, never got our sour cream!!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We've always found that most Mexican restaurants serve food designed for "gringos" and are nothing close to real Mexican food.

Whole E has some authentic dishes as well as some quasi authentic dishes to satisfy the less adventurous diner. We tried a total of 6 mains over 2 recent visits; the seafood dishes were all unbelievably fresh and tasty. The meat dishes were decent but their strenght clearly lies with seafood.

Margaritas were all average.

Service was weak, the hostess was clearly uninterested and the wait staff were efficient but hardly the friendliest.

We stopped after a day aty Santa Cruz Boardwalk and it was perfect....quick, filling and tasty.