“Funky Mexican eatery”

Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We loved our lunch here--how wonderful to have deep fried artichokes and other Mexican delights right here near the growing fields of artichokes. The small garden outside has them in purple bloom as well. Right next door is a huge farmers market with the most amazing selection of fruits and vegetables. Just down the road is an area to view otters up close as well as kayak rentals and tour boats to see waterfowl along the coast.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Popped in here on a Saturday night with some local friends. As expected the place was pretty busy and there was a wait. Still, chance to prop up the bar and have a cocktail. I went for a large margarita, and boy was it pretty large. I didnt see them make it, but i dread to think how much tequila went in it, as after 2 I felt pretty hammered. Luckily they gave us some nacho`s and dips to try and soak it up. The dips were really nice - both the salsa & guacamole.

Between 3 of us we had 6 drinks which came to about $80.

After about a 20min wait we reminded them that we were waiting and they showed us to our table. My buddies recommended the crab enchiladas which they said were "to die for". For me it was a touch choice as there was just so much I wanted to try, but i decided to give them ago.

More nacho`s came out with more dips, then the main course. It was a good sized portion, and certainly was extremely tasty stuff. Definitely would recommend. Main meal came to about $100. So all in all $180 for 3 people for the night which I felt was a bit steep, but might well be average for the area.

Id certainly revisit this place next time im in the area.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good food but a bit expensive. Service was great.
We were told that dad runs The Whole Enchilada and the daughter runs the Haute Enchilada.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I had lunch there this past Saturday. I forgot my scarf on the chair next to me. I called a couple of hours later and the woman that answered the phone asked me to describe the scarf and when I did she said yes they had found it. I told her I would drive there sometime the next week since I live over 50 miles from there. She said no problem she'd put it away in the closet. I went there today (4 days later) and I asked about it and one of the employees went back and brought back a plain black one. I told him that wasn't it and described my scarf and he said yes he had seen that one and he went back to look but came back and said it was gone. The office person tried to feed me some line that the waiter had meant he had seen the black one which is such a lie. It would have been better if she had admitted someone might have taken it. It seems to me if someone calls because they left something behind they would have the integrity to keep it there until the owner returned for it and not make me drive over 50 miles to tell me they supposedly never saw it.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

After a long day of driving and whale watching, this was a nice place to sit and eat. My husband had a chimichanga and I had the seafood flautas. We thought the flautas were better than the chimichangas. It was a nice place but probably not as good as we'd been led to believe.