“yummm!!!”

The Whole Enchilada
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I already reviewed this place last year, but I recently had dinner there, and decided to try something other than my regular dish (panela cheese crepes) and I think I have a new favorite... The lobster ravioli is out of this world! I can't wait to go back for more. My bf had the salmon in cilantro lime cream sauce, and it was so damn good I couldn't stop eating off his plate! So, those are the three dishes I highly recommend: panela cheese crepes, lobster ravioli, & salmon. Although, I'm sure everything they make is delicious.

There are newer reviews for The Whole Enchilada

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have been eating here when in the area for years now. Who would think this out of the way place would have such a great Mexi-Cali resturant but it does. Try the artichoke appitizer. Just wish I didn't live so far away. This place is worth going out of your way for though. Get there early, they are busy.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stopped last Sunday on the home to San Jose from Monterey and ordered their Ray's platter which had too many things to remember but included an artichoke, jalapeno poppers, fried calamari, tortas, and a bunch of other stuff for around $37 for two of us. Combined with a margarita each, this proved to be a perfect lunch on our way home.

Service was attentive but could have been faster. There is enough outside to look at to keep you occupied and the place is set up for fun with tons of ecclectic items throughout. We've been here before and we will certainly be here again.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had plans to lunch at The Haute Enchilada which we love but after reading some reviews on Urbanspoon decided to stop by here to check it out first. We decided to stay after viewing the beautiful, cozy patio area which reminded us of Casanova in Carmel. We were seated at a nice table by the fountain and there were heaters as the weather was a bit chilly. After being seated for a few minutes we noticed that the highway noise was atrocious! Very loud and bothersome.

The food quality was very good, I ordered the Chili Relleno stuffed with artichokes which was unique and served with a small side of rice and refried beans. The Strawberry Margarita was perfectly blended and yummy. Chips were a tad on the stale side and served with a small carafe of salsa. For dessert we ordered the Key Lime pie which was delicious and beautifully presented. When our bill came it seemed very high and after asking the server about it,she discovered she gave us someome elses bill. It was about twenty dollars too high.

In choosing between the Haute or the Whole Enchilada, I give the edge to the Haute for their quiet location, fresher food and more professional servers. :)

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just a bit pricy for what you get-don't get me wrong, it's not bad overall. It's just there are better places in Moss Landing. It is excellent for drinks, particularly the bloody mary's and the mojitos. The enchiladas tend to be high priced and so/so and there aren't any black beans. It is a good spot for drinks but you still have to drive somewhere so that is also limited by the location. We did have a prawn quesadilla that was excellent.