“Fabulous Restaurant - Lots of Fun”

The Whole Enchilada
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kingston, Ontario
“Fabulous Restaurant - Lots of Fun”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I arranged to meet family coming from all over Canada and the US at this spot to start a family holiday. We had a FABULOUS lunch. Great service, terrific food and fun atmosphere. I had read a review for the shrimp and avacado soup which several of us ordered and all of us loved. Great menu, terrific food, good prices and friendly staff.

22 Thank lizzie03

California
“Character, Customer Service & Best Mexican food around.”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is our favorite family restaurant. Our young kids love this place, because it is fun. But, they also love the food. The ALWAYS finish everything. Which is amazing...
The food offered is seafood & traditional Mexican. We live in Watsonville & most of the restaurants here are Mexican cuisine. But, The Whole Enchilada is the best.
The guitarist who play on the weekends (I think Thursday - Sat?) are great.
The service is friendly & the owner always comes around to the tables to thank you for coming & give the kids sunglasses.
Take your family!

23 Thank eadam
Wroclaw, Poland
“Nice litlle Mexico”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We just stopped for dinner on the way to LA by US 1. There are not many places around, so we stopped there. Place is nice with lot of flowers around, props and decors.
Food was as expected, maybe little to less spicy, but usually Americans are not used to spicy food, as I'm. Anyway the clam chowder was a beauty, compared with all the crap crab You get around Fisherman's Wharf in SF. They serve lot of dishes with fresh seafood beside the standard chicken/beef meal.
Some of waiters were pure with English, but we solved most of the problems. Good ambient music, just enough loud, serving kind of Mexican jazz!. A good stop on the way.

22 Thank SysGreg
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Everything was great”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I went here with 3 of my coworkers after a long day at the power station next door. We didn't have time to change our clothes but they let us in (no strict dress code it seems). We ordered 2 of the artichoke appetizers, both steamed and fried. Both were excellent and dissappeared quickly.

3 of us, myself included, ordered "The Whole Enchilada" entree and the other ordered an entree which was prawns stuffed with crab. The Whole Enchilada entree was a good entree by any standard- a fish enchilada cooked just right. But I tried the stuffed prawn entree and that was on a whole other level. The Whole Enchilada was a good entree, and if I had nothing to compare it to, I would have been happy. But next to the stuffed prawn dish it was a distant second. I wish I had ordered that instead.

Service by our waitress (ID 866) was excellent.

Inside and outside atmosphere of this restaurant are very impressive. Good place to take a special lady or a group of adult family. Not for kids.

Prices were not unreasonable for the level of service and quality of food. I won't be back to this area soon but I would definitely stop by again.

• Visited May 2011
23 Thank mrrogertheshrubber
Santa Cruz, California
“The Whole Enchilada it is!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Who knew??? Moss Landing, a little oasis of great food, located between Monterey and Santa Cruz on California's famous Route 1, has more good eateries than any other small hamlet along the Golden State's famous coastline. As you approach the area and see the tall and hideous smokestacks that mark a huge electrical power plant, you'll shudder and think "There must be some mistake -- this is a foodie mecca?" Don't be deterred, turn into Moss Landing when you see the big sign for "The Whole Enchilada," and swing left into their parking lot. If you go on a warm weekend, be prepared for a wait, but it will be worth your time. It's a large venue with indoor and outdoor covered seating; there's a full bar with good margaritas. All their Cali-Mex dishes are well prepared and very generous, but the two items that stand out in my memory are an amazing plate of crab enchiladas swimming in lobster-bisque coulis -- and their shrimp and avocado soup offers a generous amount of fresh-tasting crustaceans and ripe avocado slices. After your meal, take a stroll around tiny Moss Landing, with its picturesque fishing boat moorings, dunes, and seashore; and note the many other good eateries in the area. Remind yourself that you'll be back!

• Visited March 2011