“The perfect place to go”

Phil's Fish Market and Eatery
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Moss Landing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Every time I'm on a family visit in this area lunch at Phil's is a must!! If you like good seafood of all kinds this is the place for you to go! It took me three visits to discover the tables situated outside right on the beach - so if the weather is right, that's probably the best place in the whole restaurant to enjoy your meal!!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was so excited to come to this restaurant particularly since I read so many great reviews and it was featured on the Food Network. My husband got the cioppino and I ordered the crab cakes. My little son got the kid's meal which came with fries and a grilled cheese sandwich. The crabcakes had a nice crust to them and lots of crab meat. However, they had a strange aftertaste to them that was a tad bitter. I couldn't figure it out. Perhaps it was the seasoning? They give you two large crab cakes and I only finished one. My husband said he really enjoyed the cioppino (which the restaurant is famous for). He said they were really generous with their seafood. Oftentimes, you get cioppino elsewhere and there just a few pieces of seafood in the bowl. We ordered the chocolate cheesecake/chocolate cake dessert. That was delicious. Would we come back? Yes, I think so. I will probably try something else on the menu though.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I needed a day away from our home office so we took off to Moss Landing. We stopped by Phil's for a beer and some snacks. We were not disappointed! We ordered the seafood sliders and the seafood quesadilla. Holy Moly! I've never seen a quesadilla so fat! There was tons of shrimp and crab and it could have been a meal on it's own. And the sliders were so good! Salmon, grilled shrimp, grilled scallops, and calamari steak. With fresh lemon and fresh tartar sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious and worth the trip. Stay at the Captain's Inn - it's a short walk away.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

A seafood lover can't do better than dining in this warehouse located well away from the main road. The extensive menu lists anything you can imagine, and the food comes out better than you could have imagined. We always order too much, but I'm afraid I won't make it back. Last time, I drove four hours to reach the restaurant. (Of course, there are nice places to visit along the way to break up the trip.) My son couldn't understand why I wanted to go to this one eatery, but when the food arrived, he quickly agreed.

You order your food at a counter, then sit at long tables with other people when it is crowded, which it normally is. Food arrives quickly.

The servings are two or three times larger than you will get anywhere else. One item I have to beg you not to miss is the clam chowder. You may think you've had the best already, but I'm sure that this one will win you over anyway. You'll be too full for dessert, but take one to go. You'll hate to pass up anything.

On the drive in, you'll think you are lost. You're not. Just keep following your GPS. If it's quiet in the evenings, you can hear the sea lions barking somewhere near by.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've been eating at Phil's for about 12 years now, there is no meal that I've eaten there that was bad. The people that work there are Great, Food is Great,