Captain's Inn at Moss Landing
$100
Priceline
El Rancho Motel(Watsonville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea ottersthe main housephil's fish marketbed and breakfastboat trailermonterey baynautical themeelkhorn sloughbed framedouble showersoaking tubsanta cruzfresh fruitromantic getawaymemorable stayeach morningother guests
Reviewed December 27, 2007

Since our first stay at the Captain’s Inn a few years ago, visiting the Inn has become an annual event for us. I have stayed in much more expensive B&B and hotels that were not as well maintained or as comfortable as the Captain’s Inn. We have visited the Inn during the off season (near Christmas) and busy season when find a room in the boat house required some date juggling on our part.

Captain Yohn and Melanie and the rest of there staff make you feel right at home (or better yet home-away-from home). The breakfast that Melanie prepares each morning during your stay is worth a visit to the Inn

IF you plan a visit to the Central cost I highly recommend a visit to the Captain’s Inn at Moss Landing

wrg@wgunkel.com

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank WGunkel
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Lucky to find this hidden jewel - room was cozy, Melanie was awesome, breakfast was unique and bountiful.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Googoli
Reviewed September 27, 2007

The only reason I gave this property a 3 circle was because of the bed. I found the bed to be so uncomfortable that I did not even want to stay a second night. I was ready to book a room at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay- at whatever price! But my husband wouldn't let this happen, so we stayed the second night. The night previous to staying at the Inn we stayed at a cheap $40 a night motel and received the same quality of mattress. I just expected more out of the bed for $200 a night. Besides the bed I found the property to be very nice. The two person clawfooted tub was very romantic and probably the only reason I stayed another night. There was a deck with chairs that you could sit at and watch the widlife. The surroundings were very peaceful and much appreciated. It was just a bummer about the bed.

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank TLWTraveler
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My wife & I have been coming to Captain's Inn for three years now. We enjoy the MOTOGP races at Laguna Seca Raceway & the Inn is a wonderful 20 minutes down the coast. Melanie also set us up w/discounted rates at the Blackhorse/Bayonet Golf Course which has some incredible ocean views from some of the Tee boxes. AND, Captain Yon pilots the Elkhorn Slough, a most wonderful wildlife exhibit tour on a pontoon boat with harbor seals, otters and sea lions, and numerous bird life abounding. Two great restaurants within walking distance, and the ocean too. The environment is so quiet & peaceful at night, and the sunset into the ocean is awesome! This is a place we will continue to return and enjoy the company of Melanie and her staff.
Boyd & Nani Urie
Las Vegas, Nevada
burie@acclaimmti.com

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank bdendad
Reviewed July 17, 2007

Moss landing...... now here's an interesting place. If you're coming to see the town or enjoy the beach, this is not the place for you (town is a fishing port, beach had one dead sea lion & 2 dead birds on our visit). If you're passing by on PCH1& want a unique night in a room contructed of old boat parts (creaky bed for you romantics!) & enjoy watching birds, seals & sunsets, with a few bottles of Napa or Paso Robles wine, soaking in a big bath for 2, then make a stop instead of the bigger hotel chains. Small, charming (although we felt slightly reprimanded for not using the front door to enter as we'd parked around the back, only to be told we should only ever use the back door from this point on anyway!!). Bring some goodies from a deli, your camera, binoculars (they are provided if you forget) & switch off for a few hours to watch the wildlife pass you by.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple