“Paddling brings you up close to nature!”

More attraction details
Owner description: A wildlife reserve that offers visitors walking trails and kayak tours through salt marshes and tidal flats.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went with an outfitter called kayak connection and with a guide as first timers to the area for kayaking- we did not go wrong! The slough is an amazing place to watch animals up close. Head out early for the first kayak session because its more peaceful! Lesser kayakers out in the water. We saw otters swimming by, otters in group - and that alone made my day! The wildlife is amazing considering the slough is right off highway one but its a protected area.
Rent your kayak and start your adventure! Their kayaks are the sit inside, and they give you a "skirt" that you tuck in so your lower torso won't get wet, they also lend you wind breakers! You don't launch your kayak from the beach, they will help you load from the dock and helps you in getting your shoes wet at all! No bathroom only port-a-potty..
Gotta paddle!!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Avoid being downwind of the sea lions. It was sooo smelly. We loved seeing the many birds, seals, otters and their babies too.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We used our own kayaks, but wish we had taken the tour as we may have missed an opportunity to see more sea life. As it was, we saw seals and sea otters, lots of birds. The day was not a clear blue sky so that may have been an issue. Overall, it was good exercise and we did see some critters. But my advice is to go with a guide the first time it more than pays for itself. watch the tide as it can be a chose if the wind comes up against you.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I don't know how many years I spent driving up and down Hwy 1 looking for Sea Otters...never to catch a glimpse, until... we found Moss Landing and Elkhorn Slough. Don't go on the commercial side of town to see them. Go on the State Park side - north of the bridge. Either the state park beach side or the parking lot boat launch side. You always see otters; sometimes rafting, swimming, eating, playing, or even up on the beach! Bring you own boat, or rent a kayak/paddle board on site. Observe the rules...don't get too close. there's always a bunch of sea lions up on the dock or swimming around. Lots of birds and harbor seals to watch. I've got my best videos of Sea Otters eating clams and crabs at this location....from a kayak and right from shore. if you kayak or board...work with the tides...not against.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

There is so much wildlife to see here. Sea lions, seals, otters, jellys, herons, egrets, and so many more amazing creatures are commonly seen. I have kayaked here many times with my daughter and other family members and have found it best to go with a good tour. It is important to know the tide schedule as kayaking against the current is tiring. I have also done the pontoon adventure which is informative and a lot of fun for smaller kids and older individuals. If you drive inland you can go to the visitor center and hike the trails. We have seen leopard sharks and bat rays in the water while walking around the Elkhorn Slough loop.

2  Thank TangiesMom